New guy to make gtx hoods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy to make gtx hoods!

Guys i have found a new person that can make us gtx style hoods. I will soon have one that he can use to make his mold. He wants to know how many would actually want to buy one. He said price would be around 300-350$ each

Nick just bought a hood that this guy made for his amc Rambler. The hood is great. Nick also has a gtx hood. This guys hood is way better build quality then the GTX hood is. His looks professional. He has his own shop that is fully decked out. He could become a major player in the festiva world. He has cnc mills in his garage!

Any way who would actually buy a gtx style hood but remade and majorly updated for 350$? His hood might not save you any weight tho. His stuff is well build!

Please note im not trying to take a profit from this. You would deal straight with him and not me at all! Im just trying to get more gtx hoods out there.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Would it be possible to post pics of what these hoods look like?
    92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

Interested. Would also like to see pictures of his work. If it is good, I have a set of GTX bumpers that could be reproduced...
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Side skirts would be great too....
        Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

I will ask nick to send me pictures of his hood.

Nicks hood at 70 looks like its going to fly off. It flexes so much. The hood this guy did had core material in it. It was much bigger and had no flex.
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

much weight difference,, ??,, i'd also be interested in bumpers/ side skirts

Comment

I di not ask him about other parts. I told him lots would buy hoods from him and he said to get a feel for the demand. Ill get in touch with him and see if he wants to make other stuff.

For now we need to get around ten or so to make the hood mold!
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Count me out. Metal hoods are flimsy enough
                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                X