Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay block

what do I need to use this in my 93EFI

would RALPH89891 bing nose pulley's work? what else....

You need a lot of money for a start... Why a new block? People give away B3's. And what do you already have that you plan to put on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dunno,, I have a NA capri donor car for b6swap, my present 220,000 mile motor has some ring blow by but doesn't use oil and gets 40mpg, i'm just considering options for my red car
      i was just wondering if i could use the block in my car and bolt all the accesorys up to it, instead of a rebuild
      Last edited by errjam; 10-31-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I think that the cheapest and easiest option is using that B6. Driving it nice youll get similar fuel milage and have more power when you want it.
        I dont think buying this to rebuild yours is as good an option as just using it. To make this work (whats shipping?) youll be re-using your head and manifolds and oil pan. So head gasket, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, intake manifold gaskets, exhaust man gaskets, valve stem seals, engine assembly lube, and a whole lot of time and patience.

Comment

Youll also need a crank and timing pulley for a short nose. Gaskets for timing belt covers? Break in oil.
          And youll still have an old worn valvetrain. It wont leak oil, but ya.

Comment

B6 YEP, sounds like , pretty much already been told, but just obsessing I guess

Comment

Well you could do whatever you want, there was a new long block on ebay a while back that was tempting me for $700 before shipping, but thats what i paid for the car 9 years ago...
              A B6 swap sounds a lot simpler and easier to me than this, even besides the cost, then you already have the b6.

Comment

I feel different about that honestly . So its said that he would still have a worn out engine but suggested that he install the b6d that's worn as well . That B6d would still need going through and require a lot of the same parts .
                It's all in what you want out of The car . Since I'm building you a b6t hot track car , I would think you would want a high mpg car . I read before that you recently had the cylinder head rebuilt . 500 shipped really isn't that bad being so your just a few gaskets away from a new engine .
                Everyone has a different opinion I get that but , it's more so what you want out of the car .
                New build on the way .

Comment

I think it's a steal. I would venture a guess those were probably in the $2k+ range when they were available from the dealer. I wish I would have gone that route when I replaced the engine in mine. I bought a used engine that was supposedly in good shape. Shortly after installing it, 2 piston rings broke. I pulled it back out and installed new rings and gaskets. I've got probably $500 into my engine and it's no where near new like the ebay listing. I think it would be worth the trouble to find the needed pulleys.
                  Rick
                  1993 Ford Festiva
                  1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                  1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                  2000 Ford E350

Comment

ebay block

I didnt realize it was $500 shipped, i thought it would be more like 6-700 shipped. And yes the B6 is worn but its free and could be dropped right in. If your going to rebuild the b6 first its a different story.
                    No one here can tell you what you should do, its up to what you want. I can tell you what i would do but its like for this trip im doing towing a trailer across the country. Everyone tells me to put a bigger engine in, and i could for really cheap, but i dont want to. I also paid more than rust free festivas go for to repair mine after scaffolding 20ft tall blew over onto it and crushed it. Nobody thought that was a bright idea when i did it but its what i wanted to do so i did it.
                    Its all about what you want to do with the car or your goals are and i have no idea what those are.

Last edited by ryanprins13; 10-31-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Speaking from experience here. It does depend on what you are looking for in the long run.
                      I bought one of those earlier this year for Rosie and I am very happy that I did.
                      Have your head rebuilt or buy one already rebuilt. Buy a new water pump, a new oil pump, and all the other misc gaskets and stuff then pull what you need from you old engine and clean it up and for about $1000 you will have an engine that should be trouble free with new engine power for a very long time. The short nosed pulleys are much easier to fine than the long nose pulleys if you don't have one.

You will find lots of details about putting the engine together in the project thread that I posted for my Rosie rebuild earlier this year. Tons of picture posted and links to over 500 picture on photobucket.

Should not be too hard to find a local business that will receive it for you. Mine was delivered to my house (I paid a little more) and the Fedex guy picked it up out of his truck and carried it to my garage. He was a bit bigger and a lot younger that me though... I use a hand truck and a dolly to move it around.
                      Last edited by 1990new; 10-31-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I bought my B6 at the junk yard for $58 used on a pallet.

Comment

Working...
                        X