Capri Wiring Harness differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capri Wiring Harness differences?

I'm looking to swap over a B6t from an XR2 into my Festiva. I have about everything I need except a wiring harness. I have a XR2 ECU and about half a cutup harness(previous owner). I don't know much about wiring fuel injection. Since I can't find a XR2 harness is there any difference in the non-turbo harness and XR2 harness?

To throw a wrench in the mix. I did find Miata PnP megasquirt setup for cheap. Its for the earlier Miata 1.6. Would I still need a factory harness with that? Should I get a Miata harness if I decide to go this route?
    Thank you
    -Johnathan

Tommy tremains on the facebook page has a harness he was going to sell to me for 40$ plus shipping. If you want it you can buy it from him. Its a complete xr2 harness.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
      Tommy tremains on the facebook page has a harness he was going to sell to me for 40$ plus shipping. If you want it you can buy it from him. Its a complete xr2 harness.
      Haha, he just told me you were going to buy it. I'll hit him up again. Thank you.

Comment

good luck man
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

You would need a miata harness, CAS and coils to use that PNP megasquirt.
          The Non turbo and XR2 engine harnesses are very similar, with the exception of the knock control and overboost relay. You would need to be comfortable with wiring diagrams and fuel injection theory before trying to make the non turbo harness work with the turbo ECU though.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Just buy the harness from tommy. It will save you lots of problems. If the MS kit is cheap enough get it and do all the homework in order to be able to use it. But for now tommys harness is good.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Still looking for a XR2 harness. If any one is holding?

Comment

i would possibly part with my entire B6T setup, its basically the same thing except i have a full harness, with corksport chipped ECU for 200 CAD plus shipping. Knock box fuel injector harness etc. ready to go. (I'm in Canada but the dollar is in your favor) you can PM me if interested!

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                  i would possibly part with my entire B6T setup, its basically the same thing except i have a full harness, with corksport chipped ECU for 200 CAD plus shipping. Knock box fuel injector harness etc. ready to go. (I'm in Canada but the dollar is in your favor) you can PM me if interested!
                  Thank you. Tommy and I, came to a deal. If it falls through, I'll let you know. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X