Exocet Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exocet Festiva?

Hey I didn't know where to post this so I just decided to go in general.

Have you ever seen a exocet miata? Where they basically take the car apart and add a roll cage n stuff.
    Heres a video thats cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux5oJv2_Xzg

Anyways I was just off in my thoughts and I was wondering what it would be like if someone was to do this with a festiva. Would it be cool or just not worth it? I feel like it would be a pretty fun car to drive. It would be FWD and I dont know if thats better or worse.
    Basically what would this even be like? for that much work are you better off just using a miata for this?

just curious lol
    92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

It's possible to with a miata because a miata has removable suspension subframes that you just bolt to a roll cage. It'd be pretty hard to do and pretty pointless on a festiva that is already lighter and can be made to handle better than a miata.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

It would be really hard to build a tube chassis that wasn't heavier than a stripped Festiva. These cars are pretty amazing as is.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I love the idea behind the exocet! You cant beat the festiva tho. Its perfect!!!
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Thanks for letting me know guys, was just curious and clueless. Festivas are already so great I agree.

Comment

Well, it sounds like you're not clueless at all. Nothing wrong with brainstorming. Heck, I'm dreaming up some wacky Festiva idea most of the time. I want a long travel Festiva.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Ha thanks man lol.
              Instead of starting a new thread I may as well ask it here.
              Recently I have heard this noise coming from under the right side of my car when I make sharper turns. It sounds like a thud and only happens once. It's might not be that bad but it does worry me when I hear it. I recently replaced both axels, the left ball joint, and the left outer tie rod end but I didn't do the right side ball joint or outer tie rod end. Maybe someone has an idea of what it could be but I should probably just jack it up and check it out.

Comment

It's a loose LBJ pinch bolt. Tighten it up and the noise will stop.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  It's a loose LBJ pinch bolt. Tighten it up and the noise will stop.
                  ^thats what it was in my car

Comment

instead of the exocet, where they replace the whole unibody with tube framing, budget minded folks are building what they call a "miata Kart" or "miatacet" they basically take a miata and strip or cut most things off of it and put a cage in it. Some people are following suit with corvettes and F-bodies. I think a festiva would be a cool car for something similar

"Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Comment

turbokid thats awesome Ive never seen that and thats the kind of idea I was thinking of, someone should try something like that with a festiva some day.

About the Loose lower ball joint pinch bolt, is this a problem I should prioritize or is it something I can put off?

Comment

Do NOT put it off. The result of it coming out is bad. Does body damage, trashes a tire, and takes you off the road. At minimum

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by eurotiva; 11-08-2016, 10:28 PM.
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Agreed, when the bolt fails, the LCA pulls out of the knuckle, then the tire will push back into the door/fender and turn out, pulling out the axle from the trans (because the brakes were used due to the initial bad sound and lurch to that side of the failure).

Do not hesitate to repair this!!! Do it yesterday!!!
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Ok thanks guys, I know I ask a lot of questions but I plan on doing this today, I'm just not sure at where it is. Any tips on locating this pinch bolt? I plan on jacking up my car and getting under it to look.

Comment

I looked it up online and then looked at my car and the bolt didn't seem loose and even when I tried to tighten it I couldn't get it to budge. Here's a pic.
                              IMG_8511.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X