Finally found one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found one

My wife and I first new car we purchased together was a 1990 Festiva L that we had dealer air and radio added. We sold it when our 2nd child came along for a car with more room.

In the last few years I've been looking for great Festiva which are hard to find in the rust belt midwest. After all this time, I finally found it.

A 1 owner , 87k miles grandma car, 5 speed, L. I'm not a huge fan of the color but it's in great shape, no rust and no modifications. Needs a new 3rd brake light and a valve cover gasket is all I can tell.

My wife and I had the biggest grins on our faced driving it home, it was like old time. I ripped up into the drive and did a parking brake slide and I thought she was going to wet her pants she was laughing so hard. Now the real fun begins as we decide on all the modifications we can do!

Festiva.jpg

Originally posted by psmith0803 View Post
    My wife and I first new car we purchased together was a 1990 Festiva L that we had dealer air and radio added. We sold it when our 2nd child came along for a car with more room.

In the last few years I've been looking for great Festiva which are hard to find in the rust belt midwest. After all this time, I finally found it.

A 1 owner , 87k miles grandma car, 5 speed, L. I'm not a huge fan of the color but it's in great shape, no rust and no modifications. Needs a new 3rd brake light and a valve cover gasket is all I can tell.

My wife and I had the biggest grins on our faced driving it home, it was like old time. I ripped up into the drive and did a parking brake slide and I thought she was going to wet her pants she was laughing so hard. Now the real fun begins as we decide on all the modifications we can do!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20095[/ATTACH]
    Welcome back to the Festiva Madness! I love that color! Maybe one day I'll find one
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Tail slide in a festy... Never been able to do that with the factory drums.
      Welcome back to the community.
      First thing I would do is inspect the rear bearings and replace the outers just because they're cheap. Then start rust prevention or repair all along the rockers and pinch welds (especially in the rear). It's all cheap insurance at this point.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        Tail slide in a festy... Never been able to do that with the factory drums.
        It was in gravel =P

Thank's for the wheel bearing maintenance tips, I was thinking about putting a clutch in it too. It's probably original to the car and while 87k miles is not a ton of miles 24 years is quite a bit of time. I talked to a guy today about putting a full leather interior in it..... we're thinking of painting it tangerine orange with tan leather interior.

Comment

Beautiful car! Aqua is one of the best colors there is! I'm sure it will grow on ya! Welcome to the forum

Comment

Turquoise is a lucky color - except for on airplanes. And you want to paint it ORANGE?

~Must be a Cleveland Browns fan...

Trythis first:
            Soap and scrub the wheel rims, tape them off - and shoot them with a spray can of matching blue :thumbs_up:
            Last edited by Greywolf; 11-07-2016, 05:43 PM.
            Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Originally posted by psmith0803 View Post
              It was in gravel =P

Thank's for the wheel bearing maintenance tips, I was thinking about putting a clutch in it too. It's probably original to the car and while 87k miles is not a ton of miles 24 years is quite a bit of time. I talked to a guy today about putting a full leather interior in it..... we're thinking of painting it tangerine orange with tan leather interior.
              Clutch at 87k is premature. It's still the factory clutch and good for another 80k+
              Honestly I wouldn't touch it if grabs well. I pulled mine at 174k and there was still good life in it, but the pressure plate was getting weak... And that's why it came out.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Congratulations on your find!

The original clutch (for a stock b3 car) is better than anything you can get these days. There is nothing in there that really deteriorates with time, so you should be fine. You're better off focusing on other things.
                The Festiva clutch has a weird feel to it stock, it takes getting used to. That doesn't mean it's going out though.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-08-2016, 08:36 AM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

What advanced said the Po of my festiva did mail delivery everyday (lots and lots of stop and go) and my car had 240k on the original clutch still held slipped once or twice but it was very rare

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                  Festiver
                  93 L find/5 speed
                  BP/g15mr swapped
                  Aspire brake swapped
                  Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                  stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                  rustful
                  maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                  advanced suspension
                  kai/skeeter camber
                  b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Working...
                  X