Possible turbocharging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible turbocharging

So I was planning on putting the new bp in festiver this weekend but a job came up so next weekend it is (that's life). Now I want to do an oil/air separator wont be as simple as the b6t where it's already there, but I have a plan. anyway I have a vw 1.8t awp with a k03s and I can't seem to sell it, shame it's a good engine. But I have the
    K03s
    Hks intercooler
    Coolant lines and oil lines
    Diverter valve and such
    Basically all the turbo parts on the engine
    So I wouldn't want to be crazy with it 10psi sounds amazing but I'd be happy with anything really as long as my engine is reliable
    I can build the exhaust manifold and the charge piping
    Fmu vortech? 8:1 10:1 12:1? Main source of my confusion
    Wideband 02 innovative llc
    Am I missing anything?
    Thanks so much also I've beeb researching for a few months now on and off alot of people just go for FM voodoo or begi s kits on miatas would love to directly talk to a turbo car im not the smartest guy but I'm trying lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Festiver
    93 L find/5 speed
    BP/g15mr swapped
    Aspire brake swapped
    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
    rustful
    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
    advanced suspension
    kai/skeeter camber
    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

For the oil/air separator http://www.miataturbo.net/engine-per...tch-can-85740/ (the images aren't working on my phone my have to be on a computer to see them) it's not a self draining one but it's cheap and it works.

Someone with more experience may be able to correct me but I think the k03 is pretty small so you may want to find a different turbo. Also none of your coolant/oil lines will match up since they're for a completely different engine.

Personally I'm not a fan of using rising rate fuel pressure regulators. People on here have used them but as cheap as megasquirts are I'd just do that to begin with.

The begi and flying miata kits don't fit festivas so they aren't good starting points. They're also expensive. As I've said before on here go over to miataturbo and start reading. There's plenty of info on what turbos work best on a bp, how to hook up oil/coolant lines, megasquirt tuning, injector sizes, etc.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

This thread is pretty old and some info is starting to get outdated but its a good start. http://www.miataturbo.net/diy-turbo-...big-post-4288/

Way too many cars

Comment

K03s's are larger and stronger than the k03 it's a common upgrade for 1.8ts but not as big as k04 I just happen to have one from my 1.8t
        if I could get a ms setup for <$100 I'm down lol
        the lines won't be a bolt in thing but they're just lines it can't be impossible

I was saying most miata forums I find are jumping to premade kits which isn't an option for me but thank you for the links
        Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
        For the oil/air separator http://www.miataturbo.net/engine-per...tch-can-85740/ (the images aren't working on my phone my have to be on a computer to see them) it's not a self draining one but it's cheap and it works.

Someone with more experience may be able to correct me but I think the k03 is pretty small so you may want to find a different turbo. Also none of your coolant/oil lines will match up since they're for a completely different engine.

Personally I'm not a fan of using rising rate fuel pressure regulators. People on here have used them but as cheap as megasquirts are I'd just do that to begin with.

The begi and flying miata kits don't fit festivas so they aren't good starting points. They're also expensive. As I've said before on here go over to miataturbo and start reading. There's plenty of info on what turbos work best on a bp, how to hook up oil/coolant lines, megasquirt tuning, injector sizes, etc.

Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all

89 festie
        rustful

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

Comment

Ok say I saved for a microsquirt setup would the miata bp-4w tps bolt to the bpze tb? It has the 4 wire connector so I'm thinking it's a variable tps

Festiver
          93 L find/5 speed
          BP/g15mr swapped
          Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
          rustful

93 festie
          advanced suspension
          kai/skeeter camber
          b3t/g15mr

Comment

I was hoping someone more familiar with a bp would chime in here. I've never really messed with a bp so no idea. All I can tell you is that the tps from a auto bp is a 4 wire and should work. No idea if there's a difference between auto and manual throttle bodies though. I would think that the miata one would interchange knowing mazda but I won't guarantee it.

Way too many cars

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
              I was hoping someone more familiar with a bp would chime in here. I've never really messed with a bp so no idea. All I can tell you is that the tps from a auto bp is a 4 wire and should work. No idea if there's a difference between auto and manual throttle bodies though. I would think that the miata one would interchange knowing mazda but I won't guarantee it.
              I know the gtx tps is the way to go but idk maybe the auto works that way too

Festiver
              93 L find/5 speed
              BP/g15mr swapped
              Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
              rustful

93 festie
              advanced suspension
              kai/skeeter camber
              b3t/g15mr

Comment

The auto tps is the same as the BPT. For some reason I think you need the auto/turbo throttle body too. I don't thing the TPS will interchange to the manual TB, but I could be wrong.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  The auto tps is the same as the BPT. For some reason I think you need the auto/turbo throttle body too. I don't thing the TPS will interchange to the manual TB, but I could be wrong.
                  Luckily I have both lol I'll test it what I do know is the auto tbs have the mounting holes for the manual tb maybe the shaft is different? I'll check tomorrow

Festiver
                  93 L find/5 speed
                  BP/g15mr swapped
                  Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                  rustful

93 festie
                  advanced suspension
                  kai/skeeter camber
                  b3t/g15mr

Comment

Charlie is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                      Charlie is correct.
                      Oh ok either way I have a complete auto tb

Festiver
                      93 L find/5 speed
                      BP/g15mr swapped
                      Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                      rustful

93 festie
                      advanced suspension
                      kai/skeeter camber
                      b3t/g15mr

Comment

So some pming with Charlie and using vw parts proves to be a silly idea I have a Garrett super 60 needs a rebuild and some cleaning but idk if going turbo is possible for me right now maybe later this year or next year

Festiver
                        93 L find/5 speed
                        BP/g15mr swapped
                        Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                        rustful

93 festie
                        advanced suspension
                        kai/skeeter camber
                        b3t/g15mr

Comment

So I have a Garrett super 60 t3 turbo yes it's seen better days but it spins nicely without hitting the housings so I'm hoping a cleaning and rebuild will be the fix so here's my question
                          I saw on Honda forums people sending their turbos to be rebuilt professionally and balenced now this STARTS at $350...which I don't have lol
                          Or just get the rebuild kit for $50 and rebuild myself and clean her up
                          Like I said spins nicely and feeling none of the blades are bent... Just ugly

Festiver
                          93 L find/5 speed
                          BP/g15mr swapped
                          Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                          rustful

93 festie
                          advanced suspension
                          kai/skeeter camber
                          b3t/g15mr

Comment

There's a shop out my way that does that service for less, but to save $, rebuild it and then send it for balancing. They need balanced because they spin over 110k rpm...
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                              There's a shop out my way that does that service for less, but to save $, rebuild it and then send it for balancing. They need balanced because they spin over 110k rpm...
                              Oh awesome do you know the name of the shop and or contact info

Festiver
                              93 L find/5 speed
                              BP/g15mr swapped
                              Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                              rustful

93 festie
                              advanced suspension
                              kai/skeeter camber
                              b3t/g15mr

Comment

Working...
                              X