new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here

Hello everyone. I'm new here and thought I would start with an introduction. I own a '97 aspire. The reason I stopped in is because I recently had my aspire inspected and it failed for stabilizer bar bushings and had a very hard time trying to locate some. The ford dealer told me that they stopped manufacturing/selling parts for my car. :nightmare: ... so I landed here.

Have you looked around online yet?
    Edit: looked and found this: http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....105265&jsn=465
    Last edited by fudge; 11-16-2016, 08:42 PM.
    92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

Another Penn member! Welcome.
      Where abouts in PA are you?
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        Another Penn member! Welcome.
        Where abouts in PA are you?
        You're actually not too far from me also do you have a build thread I couldn't find it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
        stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
        rustful
        maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

welcomsign

NOS parts are available from Four Green.
          The part numbers are listed for Kia Avella.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 11-16-2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
            You're actually not too far from me also do you have a build thread I couldn't find it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            No build thread, last one I posted was before the site crashed and we switched formats. That tells you how long I've been on here... I've been a member since before 01 (crazy)

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by lorpow View Post
              Hello everyone. I'm new here and thought I would start with an introduction. I own a '97 aspire. The reason I stopped in is because I recently had my aspire inspected and it failed for stabilizer bar bushings and had a very hard time trying to locate some. The ford dealer told me that they stopped manufacturing/selling parts for my car. :nightmare: ... so I landed here.
              Do you know which bushings are bad? There are 2 different types. The control arm to sway bar bushings are available from several aftermarket sources, Moog is probably the best known and most widely used here. The sway bar to chassis bushings are a bit more tricky. OE bushings can be sourced through Four Green parts, and poly bushings can be bought from 2 different companies in Australia. Other than that, someone on here may have a decent set or you could get them from a junk yard.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

wow, thank you for all the feed back. much appreciated. I think ill stick around. Reading Pa is where I'm from.

Comment

I think I saw some on ebay about a year ago. Rough roads in PA ?

Comment

Originally posted by harpon View Post
                    I think I saw some on ebay about a year ago. Rough roads in PA ?
                    Harpon, Rough roads do not quite cover the condition of most of our roads. I lived most of my life in the South(FL,Ga,Sc).... The roads her are horribly engineered, cheaply constructed and poorly maintained. If I am correct I believe that the last few national highway surveys have classed PA roads near(or The) worst in the country.....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

^ that is true, unfortunately...

Comment

It seems to me that every single time I went to visit the folks in Scranton PA, the freakin' turnpike exits there were all torn up while being worked on - and that's on a TOLL HIGHWAY...

You'd expect that any road that you had to pay money to drive on would be in somewhat decent condition, wouldn't you?

Also - the only time I ever had a bad situation on a highway was when my Mom was driving a '66 Ford Falcon on the turnpike up there and hit a patch of ice that the plows somehow missed, throwing the car up on two wheels at 70 MPH. :angry1:

*NOTE: It's amazing how fast traffic will clear when a little old lady in a four door crap box starts doing stunt driving tricks in the fast lane...
                        ***He sezzz, drily***
                        Last edited by Greywolf; 12-02-2016, 04:42 AM.
                        Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by red90festyonair View Post
                            Harpon, Rough roads do not quite cover the condition of most of our roads. I lived most of my life in the South(FL,Ga,Sc).... The roads her are horribly engineered, cheaply constructed and poorly maintained. If I am correct I believe that the last few national highway surveys have classed PA roads near(or The) worst in the country.....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
                            i think if they expanded and updated that survey they'd score as some of the worst in the WORLD.

Comment

Working...
                            X