13 wheels with 4x100 bolt pattern and 175 70 r13 tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 wheels with 4x100 bolt pattern and 175 70 r13 tires

Found these wheels and tires on the cheap want to know thoughts about where adapters with them and the size of tires.

For $60 I can't go wrong as they will fit on my 82 rabbit if all else fails.

I'm looking at these adapters

Just want to know if anyone is running a similar set up and what complications clearance wise there will be with a tire this big or loss of performance from having to turn them

Ideally I would get aspire brake set up with 4x100 but none are available by me it seems.

Thanks

Unfortunately I do not know the off set of the wheels, I know that would help. I'm running stock suspension atm but plan on going advanced for xmas��

I also love me some poke
    Last edited by BustaBust; 11-17-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

You shouldnt have any clearance issues my festiva came with that same tire size when I bought it.
      92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

They look nice. A deal at 60 bucks, no doubt! With an aspire swap, they will fit. You may need to roll the fenders if you run adapters.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I used that size on 1x114.5 rims. They worked but too much of a loss of power for me and i had zero traction in the winter. I had put a fair bit of time and money into sandblasting the rims and painting them nice but could only handle it for a month until it snowed, then they came off and have sat in a field ever since. I dont know what offset the rims were though.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Shouldn't the adapters be 100 to 114? If you DON'T do an aspire swap? They don't really say the lug spacing and so more likely 100

I think the offset may not be a problem, or the height, and hub centric looks on the small side so maybe just some small hubcentric spacers if needed

I had to use 154 to 155 hub bore on my Honda wheels on the Aspire and Hyundai accent

Right now 13 tires are a better deal than 14 generally, and an 80r profile is as tall or taller (You might get better side clearance with 70r)

you might want to replace to less wide as you wear the tires: 165, 155
            Last edited by harpon; 11-17-2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I'd say just use 'em on the VW and don't mess with adaptors and the offset issues. Not to mention the extra $50. For Festys, a good 13" steelie is Geo Metro from 1994 up.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have that size 13's on 4x 114 wheel pattern on one of mine.I blew the front passenger out and threw an adapter with a 4x100 13 on it temporarily for a couple weeks.It was fine 99% of the time.Rubbed a couple of times when i hit the same bump in the road on a curve.

Comment

thanks for feedback. I am a little confused with the adapters, I thought I would need 114 to 100 but should it be 100 to 114? also the hub centric aspect... I'm probably picking them up regardless since they are around the corner from me and cheap but I doubt they will end up of "festivus" unless I run into a aspire swap which I'm hoping happens.

Comment

I think it should be 114 to 100 but I have never used them. You won't have to worry about the Hub Centric thing if you are using a spacer. You might want to look into installing a Wheel Stud Conversion kit so you have Lug Nuts instead of Lug Bolts but it shouldn't be necessary.
                    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                    sigpic
                    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

114 to 100.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

OK I'm confused- the adapters describe the wheels TO the hub, don't they? No.

And complicated when the OP says he MIGHT be doing an aspire brake swap

The wheels look 100 and most likely

so if he does an aspire swap he may only need hubcentric spacers and no side offset- tho 175s are 7/8 of an inch wider than 155 - the "more stock" width

So if he puts 100mm spaced wheels onto the ORIGINAL 144 spaced wheels - which is it? 114 to 100 then I guess too. sorry.

the spacers are more a part of the hub I guess- not so with the 55 to 54 hub bore spacers I put on the wheels before mounting...

my mistake

incidently- i'd scoop those up if they were near me. If the tires are good, you could resell those and have paid for the wheels with money left over for other tires.
                        Last edited by harpon; 11-18-2016, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X