Car is now a convertable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is now a convertable

Ok, here are some newer pictures of car. I took it from a small truck to a complete convertible. The top I made raises and lowers and sits on back of car when down. Im still working on it so it will take me a little more time to get it to the way I want it. The green cord that is holding it down and will be replaced by a black leather strap so it looks better. The cover on the back of the car does lift up to where I can put stuff. The back does come completely off if I want to drive it like that. It also has a box built in back that I carry extra tools and a tow bar that connects to two permanent brackets on front bumper in case it has to be towed. Im having a ball rebuilding this car. It is a one of a kind and has 206, 600 original miles and original motor in it.
    Attached Files
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

That's pretty cool.

How is the rigidity affected by removing the roof completely? Have you done some sort of re-enforcement?
    '91 L Red daily toy. '93 Miata 1.6 SC track/weekend toy.

Comment

No, I have not done any re-enforcement yet. Doors open and close great but I do plan on putting some new support under it this summer.
      01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Isn't it the wrong time of the year for a convertible in CO? Lol. That's pretty cool though.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Now way Advancedynamix is it too cold. It may be 47 now but when it gets up to 50 and above you just put on a furry cap, a good warm coat and crank the heater up and let wind blow thru. Only if its snowing is that a bad time to do it, lol.
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Well, I grew up on snowmobiles, so I can see the value in that. Haha. I can't wait for some pics of you bundled up driving it with snow banks all around you.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Well, we are just waiting for it to snow good here. Been awful dry except for last couple days.
              01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Looks really cool!

Joseph's convertible sagged so much it pinched the doors shut. I'm really amazed your doors are still working! there isn't much in the floor pan to keep it from sagging once the B pillar is gone.
                ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I haven't been driving it that much cause I've been working on top and have two other vehicles. Wife won't ride in Festiva, she says it sits too low to ground, lol. So I drive it on nice sunny days on weekend.
                  01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

As I see more and more like this - I begin to have bizarre ideas about my donor car...
                    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

I loved doing this to my little car. Had to use my imagination to make top and still got a few things to do with where it connects to windshield frame but I'm getting there and you won't believe how many people ask me what hell kind of car is that cause I took all ford emblems off, lol. I love driving it and working on it. I have a new set of valves I'm going to put in it also. But I'm going to try and keep original engine as long as possible. If it goes, i'll just rebuild it.
                      01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
                      X