How to decide what cars to keep...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to decide what cars to keep...

I've just got too many cars. My wife has been telling me that for years (of course) but now we are downsizing, due to age, retirement, and that the kids are gone and we just don't need a 2600 sq. foot three story house, and its utility and maintenance costs.

It means giving up the three car garage, plus a big concrete parking area. I'm also selling a rental property (where I use a double garage and some other parking for car storage) to my tenants who frankly have offered me more than what I think the place is worth. An offer I can't refuse, at any rate.
    I've got 2 Gremlins, an Eagle, a '53 Chevy BelAir, '64 Dodge Dart, '67 and '77 big Dodge Wagons, '61 VW Bug, 2 SAAB Convertibles, and a Honda Element, Accord V-6 6-speed, and a couple of daily driver Ford Festivas.

Plus, my left knee is getting to where it's hard to use a clutch with a stickshift. So, when you have too many cars, how do you decide what to get rid of and what to keep? I'd be grateful for any input.

get rid of the honda element how many do you want to keep?
    92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

My wife asked me to get rid of a few of my cars several years ago - "it's me or the cars!!"

Gee I miss her, she wasn't a bad cook either, but the new wife actually encourages me to buy more!!!

Comment

I would think to let go of any of them that aren't in running condition first, then sell off the cars that will be physically hard for you to drive. I am only 6 hours south of you ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X