CORE SUPPORT MOD WRITE-UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORE SUPPORT MOD WRITE-UP

I will be making a new core support. This one will be going into my bpt car. I thought it would be nice to have a very detailed write-up on how to do the mod. I am making the models now in cad. I am going to make a drawing of each part that is needed. I will edit this thread once i have everything completed.

So far i have

core support mod front of car

core support mod side of car

core support mod section view (as if car was cut in half front to back)

core support mod iso view showing all items

core support mod iso view with plates taken out of picture to show how the bar fits around the plates.

I plane to make the plates and weld them on then make the bar. I will bolt the sway bay to the frame and then set the support bar onto the sway bar brackets. I will mark the hole location and then drill them out. I will then bolt it all together. I will then bolt the cross member to the body and put a block holding it up into place and mark the holes on the support bar to be drilled. remove bar, drill holes, and then reinstall everything with bolts. I want to avoid welding the bolts into the bar to aid in future use if i every need to fix or replace it will be easier then having welded in bolts. does this method sound about right? anyway i hope to tackle the support mod very soon and will edit this post to have the entire instruction all in one place.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

place holder
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The holes are not in the proper locations. I will have to measure the car to get actual locations!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

On the latest one I did, the plates extend up to include the bumper mounting holes. I did this because the bumper is also used to strengthen the front end. This ties the structure into the bumper better.
          It's a great idea to outline this better. Thanks Mike!
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-23-2016, 02:43 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

You two are life savers as this is one thing I was sweating starting this tomorrow

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            Festiver
            93 L find/5 speed
            BP/g15mr swapped
            Aspire brake swapped
            Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
            stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
            rustful
            maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
            advanced suspension
            kai/skeeter camber
            b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
              You two are life savers as this is one thing I was sweating starting this tomorrow

PLEASE NOTE: The location of the holes in my models and drawings are not actual locations as of right now. I have to measure it and adjust them. The hole sizes are good tho. I think i used ø7/16-18unc bolts to bolt mine together.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                PLEASE NOTE: The location of the holes in my models and drawings are not actual locations as of right now. I have to measure it and adjust them. The hole sizes are good tho. I think i used ø7/16-18unc bolts to bolt mine together.
                Yeah I saw that ok thank you

Festiver
                93 L find/5 speed
                BP/g15mr swapped
                Aspire brake swapped
                Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                rustful
                maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                advanced suspension
                kai/skeeter camber
                b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post

On the latest one I did, the plates extend up to include the bumper mounting holes. I did this because the bumper is also used to strengthen the front end. This ties the structure into the bumper better.
                  It's a great idea to outline this better. Thanks Mike!
                  Charlie, what thickness plating did you use for the welded on plates?
                  1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
                  1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
                  2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Originally posted by TWFodor View Post
                    Charlie, what thickness plating did you use for the welded on plates?
                    1/8"
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I will be starting the step by step writeup this weekend.
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Looking forward to it... keep up the great work, Mike!
                        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                          I will be starting the step by step writeup this weekend.
                          I can't find a final writeup, have you done one?

Comment

Working...
                          X