No announcement yet.

'88 Funtop - Repair Project and Hopefully New Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won my twin carb kit on eBay Australia for $12 + sea mail.
    I just bought a piece of aluminum from Metal supermarket for $16.
    Read the old build thread and hover to check for any links.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-04-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

The twin carbs do look and sound very cool, not sure if I quite trust myself to make a passable adaptor but if another set was to pop up on ebay for $12 it'd be too good of a deal to pass up giving it a shot.
      Never really worked with carbs before though, always had fuel injected cars so there's a fair bit of learning to do.

Comment

I think high clutch engagement is just a Festiva thing.
        Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
        Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
        Feel free to PM me anytime!
        Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
        Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Well the cold starting issue seems to have disappeared. Ordered a rocker cover gasket + rocker cover stud rubber washers since the rocker cover likes to bathe the exhaust manifold in oil. Does any one know the approximate torque specs/tightening pattern for the rocker cover bolts?
          Cheers.

Comment

Rear center, front center, left rear, right front, left front, right rear. There are small tubes that sit in the center of the washers, take the bolts down until they contact the tubes. That sets the gasket tention.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks, FestYboy. Unsurprisingly Aus post has not delivered the gasket yet, might get it on Monday if I'm lucky.

Comment

So I've fitted the new bumper and given the cracked grill a coat of paint and some zip ties to hold it together. Serviced the car and ended up cracking the thermostat housing. One new housing and gasket later it passed its registration inspection. Started going over the car with a rag and some cutting compound, it's amazing how much difference it makes to oxidised paint.
                Just waiting for another car of mine to sell to cover the registration fees and insurance.
                Next jobs are to tackle the spots of rust around the car and figure out what the source of a clunking noise when taking off is - probably a worn mount somewhere.
                Added a couple more pictures to the album with the new bumper/painted grill.
                Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Xotyll.

Comment

Working...
                X