Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I bought my 5th festiva today. Here is a copy of the link on craigslist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I bought my 5th festiva today. Here is a copy of the link on craigslist...

https://holland.craigslist.org/searc...y=ford+festiva The red one. I have never owned a carbed festy. Anything I should know? It runs real good. Took two hours to drive it home. It is the cleanest one I have owned too. The clutch is different though, the guy told me that the previous owner had it put in or did it himself, I don't know but it shifts high on the clutch. I'm used to them shifting further down. Plus just 4 speeds is different and the thing tells me when to shift, a little light comes on with the word "shift". I'm the 4th owner.

Wow that's neat I've never heard of one having a Eco shift light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Festiver
    93 L find/5 speed
    BP/g15mr swapped
    Aspire brake swapped
    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
    rustful
    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
    advanced suspension
    kai/skeeter camber
    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Standard on the 88-89 L models
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Congratulations! Yeah the carbureted cars have the shift light, but they can be a little whacky.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I know nothing about clutches. Is there a easy way to adjust where the clutch engages? Its almost at the top of the travel before it engages.

Comment

Yeah. At the clutch fork. First clean the rust from the threads. Loosen the two jam nuts on the clutch cable, adjust and then re-tighten. There has to be a little clearance beween the split finger pull and the swaged dog on the cable.
            Report back if that didn't cure the problem.

Comment

Congrats.I noticed that one on cl.about an hour from me.What town are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                Standard on the 88-89 L models
                Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                Congratulations! Yeah the carbureted cars have the shift light, but they can be a little whacky.
                Oh that's pretty cool and yeah I remember my Sonoma had one basically useless but neat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Festiver
                93 L find/5 speed
                BP/g15mr swapped
                Aspire brake swapped
                Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                rustful
                maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                advanced suspension
                kai/skeeter camber
                b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Nice find!!! That's just like the first Festy I ever had, back in 1990. Ran the hell out of it and still got excellent mpg. Good times!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Yeah. At the clutch fork. First clean the rust from the threads. Loosen the two jam nuts on the clutch cable, adjust and then re-tighten. There has to be a little clearance beween the split finger pull and the swaged dog on the cable.
                    Report back if that didn't cure the problem.
                    Thanks, I will have till it warms up some, I don't have anywhere to work on it inside and as you know living near me that its pretty cold out right now. Appreciate the help though.

Comment

Originally posted by jfd64 View Post
                      Congrats.I noticed that one on cl.about an hour from me.What town are you in?
                      I am in Jackson County which is 2 hours from where the car was located.

Comment

I have family in jax co.Most around Jackson itself and a bro in Concord.

Comment

Originally posted by jfd64 View Post
                          I have family in jax co.Most around Jackson itself and a bro in Concord.
                          I'm right down the road in Spring Arbor.

Comment

I go through there to my bros.Nice town.

Comment

Working...
                            X