Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most awesome trip planning map yet for looking at North American weather

Follow this link:

The tools for this map can make it show local or national conditions, hurricane weather, wind speed and direction, precipitation, high and low temperatures, hazardous weather alerts, small craft warnings, and all sorts of interesting things - and it can be stepped ahead through a range of "Days Ahead", some of them in increments of individual hours...

Using this, I can see that western Tennessee will be unseasonably "BRILLIG" until about or after this Wednesday, and since I worry about trees falling I can check the wind direction, speed, and speed of gusts so that I know when I should be the most alert for damage to the one or two I have not cleared out yet.
    Last edited by Greywolf; 12-17-2016, 11:13 PM.
    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

I need a cloud map to determine where there will be clear skies for the August eclipse.

Comment

This is my preferred tool, not sure how accurate the cloud guesses will be this far in advanced, but it does show you clouds.

Live wind, rain, radar or temperature maps, more than 50 weather layers, detailed forecast for your place, data from the best weather forecast models with high resolution
      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
      Feel free to PM me anytime!
      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        I need a cloud map to determine where there will be clear skies for the August eclipse.
        You can get predictions up to 6 or 7 days ahead with the above, using the menu bar item "SKY COVER"

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          Only 246 more days! If you're coming this far south to see the total let me know I'll be about an hour south of my house in Murphysboro illinois we could meet up!
          Last edited by william; 12-18-2016, 09:07 AM.

Comment

* (?)

A "TOTAL ECLIPSE" G2G?

Sounds like it could become a nationwide rally event...Pick the best latitude to view the eclipse, and then spot rally points for people to go north or south to get to the several meet points/locations

I vote route 40, but I'm biased. Regardless of meet-points it could be a good trigger event for something.
            Last edited by Greywolf; 12-18-2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Murphysboro will have the longest total .
              There's a map here and lots of info

Comment

it's in Range for ME - in fact it isn't far from where we met up last time

William? Can you do a recon of Lake Murphysboro State Park and see what the CAMPING situation is like?

I noticed a place called "Big Muddy Brewing" and that got me thinking about an overnight camping event... :fofd:
                Err, um. And there's also a Krogers, so outdoor barbequing is also possible.
                Last edited by Greywolf; 12-24-2016, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Bump. It's gonna happen pretty soon.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks for bumping this Tom!
                    I didn't see that last post.
                    I'll go check it out, we're going for sure. But I'll probably just drive down in the morning.
                    I'm betting if there's a campground it's filled up with the eclips and moon stock festial that weekend.
                    Ozzy is gunna be there , he will be proforming bark at the moon in the moments leading up to the eclips.
                    Five finger death punch is gunna be there too! Along with others . If you haven't already order your eclips glasses.
                    Also Tom you missed lakestiva last weekend!

Comment

Turns out my house is in the eclipse zone, kinda near the edge. So I will drive about 20 miles south to be at the center of it.
                      Last edited by TominMO; 05-24-2017, 09:35 PM.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                      X