tire choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire choices

I was planning to get the Achilles Economist 165/50R14 tires for this trip im doing. There was a listing on ebay that would ship to me but it disappeared and I haven't seen this size on ebay in months and don't remember the sellers name. https://www.tires-easy.com/165-50-14...65501475-VH000 from tires easy they are $485 shipped to a place in the USA for me, then I pay 11% tax and have to get them shipped here from the boarder. So that's minimum $550 for the 5 tires. I found a place in Quebec that will ship me 5 kumho's for $386. https://www.quattrotires.com/cart which saves me $165 but they are 165/55 tires which is slightly bigger than what I wanted and obviously not the Achilles. Is it worth it? and what online places do you guys find these tires that will ship inside the states or to Canada? I could only find this tires easy and simple tire that had the 165/50 Achilles.
    Thanks

Have a look here
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

My favorite place for tires, Ian.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

How are you getting that $485 price from tires-easy? It's $237 for five. + shipping.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have a set of the 165/50 and wish I had the 165/55. The 165/50 is shorter than the stock festiva tire and causes the speedo to read faster than you are actually going.
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

You definitely don't want a shorter than stock tire for what you plan to do.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
              Have a look here
              Thanks! Thats the cheapest so far, $530 to ship them here or $414 to get across the boarder
              Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              How are you getting that $485 price from tires-easy? It's $237 for five. + shipping.
              Well, 237 plus 122 shipping to 83805, then convert to CAD which is what i get paid in and its $485, add 11% tax and its $540 and i still have to get them here from the boarder.
              Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
              I have a set of the 165/50 and wish I had the 165/55. The 165/50 is shorter than the stock festiva tire and causes the speedo to read faster than you are actually going.
              Thats what i want. Im pulling a heavy trailer through the mountains with a couple people in the car and want that 2-3% smaller tire for more power. I will use other tires when not on this trip. How much tread is left on yours? Want to sell them?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, shipping to my zip code is $83 for 5. But no conversion or tax added on.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I too am going to start looking for a nice set of tires.
                  I wonder what a dual redlinewould look like on a Cayman Green Festiva?
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 12-28-2016, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Look at buying on ebay. It might be better as far as shipping or selection. IDK just a option to look into to try and save cassh
                    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X