My Junspeed experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Junspeed experience

Hello Festiva family. Normally I don't make threads like these but due to the nature of the transaction I figured I would share this to spare anyone else the heartache I have gone thru here. Mod's, if this is inappropriate, please delete.

In early September I contacted Junspeed via facebook to order some parts. The responses were usually in a few hours. I asked him if he would make some parts for me and I asked for prices. The parts I ordered were a spoiler, a ribbed lower spoiler and a front chin spoiler for the usdm bumper. The total for the parts was $450 USD. On September 6th I made the payment thru Paypal and the wait began. After a few days Junspeed contacted me and told me that it would take a little while longer to make the ribbed spoiler and that if I wanted it sooner I could just go with a smooth lower spoiler. Since I had already ordered ribbed tail lights, I told him I would rather wait for him to make a ribbed lower. He agreed. For the next 2 months I checked in with Jun weekly or biweekly for status updates. After about the first month I was told that the upper spoiler and lower spoiler were ready and that he was just waiting for his fiberglass guy to finish some changes on the front chin spoiler. Fast forward a bit...at the end of November the responses were getting less frequent. When I did talk to Jun he told me that the parts were all done and that he was just waiting for a crate. He sent me a picture of the parts and they were all complete but the lower spoiler was smooth. I decided to say screw it and just deal with the spoiler. I waited a another week and I still had no responses from Jun and on December 5th I sent him a message. I told him I wanted to cancel the order because it was one day away from 3 months and I was starting to get a bad feeling. He said he would ship the items out on the 6th so I gave him one more day. While I waited, I opened a dispute with Paypal. I figured if he didn't have the tracking number on the 6th I would escalate it to a claim. on the 7th he contacted me and asked me why I opened the claim and I told him that I wanted a refund. After hearing this he responded that he would issue the refund in two parts. First he would refund the shipping and then after he sold the parts he would refund the rest. Irritated with his response, I told him I would let Paypal handle it from there and I stopped communications with him.

After the the case was escalated to a claim he provided a tracking number. That was about two weeks ago now. I had a bad feeling so I asked Paypal to keep the case open and they did. THEN! Last night when I checked the tracking, it said the package had arrived in the country of delivery...England...London frickin' England. I immediately got Paypal on the phone. The representative checked the tracking and he was on the same page as me. Jun provided a BS tracking number to get Paypal off of his back for a little bit longer. He said they will issue a full refund as soon as the package shows delivered at the UK address. After talking to Paypal I messaged Jun and told him I would out him for how he has gone about this. No response. Today when I got into work and I checked the tracking, it said the package was out for delivery...guess where...London. I just hope it gets delivered already so I can move past this and put that money towards something else.

I will say this though, if you decide to do business with Junspeed, 1, establish a timeline before you make a payment, 2, use Paypal and do not send the money as a gift and 3, check your tracking numbers. He deliberately gave me 2 phony tracking numbers.

/Rant and thank you for letting me vent.

Thanks for sharing. Me and some other members were burned by a seller from Germany. Your advice for ordering car parts internationally is sound.

Comment

That's really weird. Why do people randomly lose their minds on here when selling stuff overseas? I and many other people here have gotten parts from Jun with no issues.

This is sad.
      Last edited by sketchman; 12-23-2016, 09:30 AM.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I wish I knew. I would much rather have the parts than a refund and I know he made them because he sent pictures. The only thing I can think of is that shipping was more than he expected it to be due to the size of the parts combined.

I just got off of the phone with paypal and they confirmed that the tracking he provided was for a parcel shipped to London and it has been delivered. They also issued a full refund. I highly doubt he gave them the wrong tracking number.

Comment

What a shame. I was going to get one of those ribbed lower spoilers eventually but now I think not.
          1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
          1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
          2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Wow wow wow this is terrible... i was just thinking about ordering some body bits from them and after reading this... ummm?... no. That would blow my head gasket off... thanks for letting us know. I want to hear from others as well about this topic as it seems junspeed is the only one or place who we can get cool body parts from. I will be watching.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I know there's junspeed and ernst at the moment. Jun messaged me after paypal refunded my money. I will say, I don't think his intentions were malicious, I just think he was overwhelmed. Either way, being straight forward would have helped.

Comment

I'm sure there's a bit of a language barrier too.

I know other people have received fiberglass/cf parts from him that were damaged but that was most likely due to shipping.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I guess I got it too, I was told my parts shipped a month ago. I 've asked for a tracking information and I've not heard anything in over a month. Guess I'll start a paypal dispute as well =( I really wanted that spoiler.....

Comment

Damn has anyone had experience with Ernst I remember hearing strength problems but if he's reliable I'd be happy to reinforced the parts before install

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                    Festiver
                    93 L find/5 speed
                    BP/g15mr swapped
                    Aspire brake swapped
                    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                    rustful
                    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                    advanced suspension
                    kai/skeeter camber
                    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Ernst (Ernest) is selling his car... 160,000 Philippine peso
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I was one of the first to buy from junspeed. I bought a spoiler. It all went off without a hitch. It was also a part that wasn't custom built but he purchased and resold to me. I'm sorry it didn't work out so well for you.

Comment

I've ordered from Ernst. The parts came as promised and the quality was decent (not OEM, but it's ridiculous to expect OE fit from fiberglass repro parts.)
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I ordered a lower oem kia spoiler years back from ernst shipping did take a bit over a month but it was packaged well and his communication was great threw pms here on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                              Ernst (Ernest) is selling his car... 160,000 Philippine peso
                              I'd sell everything I have for that car

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                              Festiver
                              93 L find/5 speed
                              BP/g15mr swapped
                              Aspire brake swapped
                              Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                              stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                              rustful
                              maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                              advanced suspension
                              kai/skeeter camber
                              b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Working...
                              X