Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five reasons the Festiva is better than my other car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five reasons the Festiva is better than my other car.

My other car has an 8 way adjustable driver seat. I can sit down and fiddle with the adjustments for 20 minutes and never seem to get exactly comfortable.

The Festiva has a 2 way adjustable driver seat. The first time I sat down, I adjusted it and have never screwed with it again, it just fits like a comfortable shoe every time.

My other car has 180hp, a 6 speed transmission, and is quite and stable at speed. So much so that I could literally doze off while cruising along at 100mph. BORING!

The Festiva has 4 unbalanced tires, warped brake rotors, and a gaping hole in the muffler. Keeping up with traffic on the interstate feels like a real accomplishment. Cruising at 65mph just barely squeaking past other cars makes me feel like I am slipstreaming traffic in the Daytona 500. It's much more exciting.

My payments on my other car are $250 per month. In 28 more months, it will all be mine and be worth less than the final 12 months worth of payments I will have made on it.

The Festiva was free. For the cost of 1 payment on the other car, I can buy all the parts to do a BP swap and make it faster than my other car. For another payment I can do a nice overhaul on the suspension and make it corner as well as my other car. For a couple more payments I can do the body work and paint the Festiva. By the time I have paid the other car off, I could have built 5 really nice Festivas.

My other car gets about 22mgp.

For what I save in gas driving the Festiva to work a couple of days a week, I can pay for the insurance on it.

My girlfriend likes driving my other car.

My girlfriend likes the idea of me driving a Festiva.

LOL. what is your other car? Those are all good reasons to drive a festiva!! mine is because when ppl see you at a light and you dump the clutch from around 2500 rpm and the tires light up and start throwing smoke towards the mustang beside you it gives me gratification as telling the mustang to CHOKE..
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2516620/1

Comment

There is a certain joy to be had in driving a POS, isn't there. I had a temporary car a few years ago while my main ride was being fixed. It was 8 different colours, not including the rust. It was beat to hell, and I loved it. I didn't care where I parked. I didn't care if someone bumped into me. It was a wonderful thing.

Comment

I am guessing the other car is a rsx or new civic ???
        "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

Or an Audi? My roommate just got an A4 and is a beautiful car but is very boring to drive... Even w/a 6speed.. -Kyle
          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

The other car is a 2004 Sentra SER. It's fun to drive on the right road, and on a road trip I'll take it over the Festiva any day, but the guys on the Spec V forum that give me crap about having a Festiva project don't know what they're missing.

Comment

i got a friend that has a sentra seR spec V its an 03 i think. he rags on me bout havein a festiva. him and another friend he works with keep doin stuff to my festy just to annoy me. dosent do anything real bad though.
              Jason
              wishing i had a festi again

Comment

yeah no offense but if the ser isnt one of the oldschool 90's ones then they dont really hold a candle to the festiva as far as making go fast for cheap is concerned.

Comment

Working...
                X