Bought a C7 Corvette but still want a Festiva again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a C7 Corvette but still want a Festiva again

Hey guys I'm back. A lot has changed, seems like Charlie has his hands in everything around here😂 There are also tons of new names that I don't recognize.

This forum was my life before but I left after crashing the one in my sig. Well, I finally graduated college and got a real job and went after my dream car. Even after doing an autox day I still want another Festiva. I have a supercharger and headers ready for the vette to make 700hp but would much rather build a B6D Festiva and track it. It's not fun going fast in a car that people expect to be fast. I loved shocking people in my old Festiva's.

So I'm currently on the search for a Festiva so I may rejoin you guys in all the fun!htd

IMG_0328.jpg
    Attached Files
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Welcome back...im one of those newer members. Several good festiva's locally for sale around me. Too bad about the old Festiva, loved the look of that car! Good luck on the search for the next one.
    Last edited by nutoofestiva; 01-17-2017, 11:35 AM.
    93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
    89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
    2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

Comment

Welcome bud! You totally need a festiva! Save the chevy.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Welcome back! Thats a nice looking corvette!
        But there is nothing quite like a festiva is there?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
          Hey guys I'm back. A lot has changed, seems like Charlie has his hands in everything around here�� There are also tons of new names that I don't recognize.

This forum was my life before but I left after crashing the one in my sig. Well, I finally graduated college and got a real job and went after my dream car. Even after doing an autox day I still want another Festiva. I have a supercharger and headers ready for the vette to make 700hp but would much rather build a B6D Festiva and track it. It's not fun going fast in a car that people expect to be fast. I loved shocking people in my old Festiva's.

So I'm currently on the search for a Festiva so I may rejoin you guys in all the fun!htd

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20420[/ATTACH]
          A big welcome back from another name you don't recognize. Nice 'Vette, but like you say "people expect it to be fast". That takes some of the fun out of it. When you get tired of it maybe you could let me use it for a month or two....LOL....just kiddin'. Hope you get back into the Festiva gamewelcomsign
          '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
          '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
          '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

There is a saying that is popular among the miata community.

It goes something like... its a lot more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car too quickly around a bend, over the curb, through a fence, and into the neighbors back yard

Welcome back. Got my festy less than 6 months ago and wonder how the PO or anybody ever parts with them.. Festy Love is Tried and True! Welcome back from a newb!
            Last edited by RdstrBlk; 01-17-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

that's cool I love the new stingray and keep trying to talk myself out of/ into buying one i'm poor but they are coming down in price... i'm new to the festy game but so excited about them I hope to have a b6d swap and a b6t swap by this summer.. but in the back of my head, it's 'should I be investing in a corvette' so its awesome to hear a corvette guy wanting to come back to the festy world
              whoot

Comment

Hello from one of the newest members here.

I understand the slow/fast paradigm. I have two motorcycles, one for each role. My mood on a given morning determines which set of keys I take with me. It is the same with my Festiva and my mildly massaged Ridgeline. Each vehicle serves a particular niche, and that's exactly how I prefer it.

Comment

why are you going b6d instead of b6t??

Comment

Welcome Back! That is a great car you have there!
                    As you are well aware, two weekends worth of road course track days, in tyres for the Vett = your killer B6T Festiva!
                    No car too fast !

Comment

Great Vette my uncle has the z06 one hell of a car welcome back looking forward to your build

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                      Festiver
                      93 L find/5 speed
                      BP/g15mr swapped
                      Aspire brake swapped
                      Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                      stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                      rustful
                      maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                      advanced suspension
                      kai/skeeter camber
                      b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Originally posted by nutoofestiva View Post
                        Welcome back...im one of those newer members. Several good festiva's locally for sale around me. Too bad about the old Festiva, loved the look of that car! Good luck on the search for the next one.
                        Thanks!

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                        Welcome bud! You totally need a festiva! Save the chevy.
                        Yes!

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                        Welcome back! Thats a nice looking corvette!
                        But there is nothing quite like a festiva is there?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                        Thanks They sure are a beautiful car

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
                        A big welcome back from another name you don't recognize. Nice 'Vette, but like you say "people expect it to be fast". That takes some of the fun out of it. When you get tired of it maybe you could let me use it for a month or two....LOL....just kiddin'. Hope you get back into the Festiva gamewelcomsign
                        Haha thanks man

Originally posted by RdstrBlk View Post
                        There is a saying that is popular among the miata community.

It goes something like... its a lot more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car too quickly around a bend, over the curb, through a fence, and into the neighbors back yard

Welcome back. Got my festy less than 6 months ago and wonder how the PO or anybody ever parts with them.. Festy Love is Tried and True! Welcome back from a newb!
                        Thanks for the welcome back. I drove my friends Miata and it is a polar opposite to driving the vette.

Originally posted by errjam View Post
                        that's cool I love the new stingray and keep trying to talk myself out of/ into buying one i'm poor but they are coming down in price... i'm new to the festy game but so excited about them I hope to have a b6d swap and a b6t swap by this summer.. but in the back of my head, it's 'should I be investing in a corvette' so its awesome to hear a corvette guy wanting to come back to the festy world
                        whoot
                        The Corvette is an amazing car that turns heads everywhere. The power is intoxicating too. But for confusing people the Festiva is king. Its about having fun, I can tell you I had less fun in the expensive Corvette than in my Festiva.

Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
                        Hello from one of the newest members here.

I understand the slow/fast paradigm. I have two motorcycles, one for each role. My mood on a given morning determines which set of keys I take with me. It is the same with my Festiva and my mildly massaged Ridgeline. Each vehicle serves a particular niche, and that's exactly how I prefer it.
                        Nice!
                        Originally posted by errjam View Post
                        why are you going b6d instead of b6t??
                        For the sake of simplicity and I have never done it before. I had a b6t car before. I just want a quick build to get out to the track.

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
                        Welcome Back! That is a great car you have there!
                        As you are well aware, two weekends worth of road course track days, in tyres for the Vett = your killer B6T Festiva!
                        Thanks for the welcome back! The Corvette is amazing. Yes, unfortunately I already chewed up one of my tires There is no way im going to keep tracking it

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
                        Great Vette my uncle has the z06 one hell of a car welcome back looking forward to your build

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                        They are amazing cars. Thanks!
                        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Festiva > corvette
                          That z06 only had 2k on it and already needed a diff lol. We have another customer that has wrecked his twice down at vir. They're stupid fast though.
                          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Welcome back!! Part of your old Festiva still lives on as part of mine.

Ian
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada
                            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Welcome back! Congrats on finishing school, and buying you're dream car. We've been busy refining the Festy chassis even more since your last car. There are better tire choices now too. B6d Festy is a lot of fun, and cheaper to track drive than the tire hungry b6t.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X