5speed shifter boot retainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5speed shifter boot retainer

I am trying to fit a 5 speed shifter and boot into a automatic console. Is there a retainer bracket to keep the boot from falling to the floor?

Yes, there is, and the boots aren't the same.
    "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
    "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
    "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
    "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
    "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
    "Wenona"-89L parts car
    "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Okay, I guess my search begins... Thanks for the reply

Comment

I'm not sure youll find a shifter- it seems like a very typical problem is a manual shifter falling through the floor and it's been discussed in a lot of threads here if you search it-

I don't know exactly what you're looking at in this endeavor but maybe this will help you may be able to "glue" the shifter in place with window weld- sounds crazy but it works well:

search "another fix for a failing shifter"
        here it is
        Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
        Last edited by harpon; 01-25-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks, but I have the shifter in top notch order. I am working towards a complete auto to manual transmission swap in my 92 GL.
          I need to figure a plan to keep my original auto console.

Comment

i think he means the plastic rectangle that sandwiches the boot to the console. Green Sales used to have these or someone here will have one

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
              i think he means the plastic rectangle that sandwiches the boot to the console. Green Sales used to have these or someone here will have one
              �� Perfect!

Comment

Working...
              X