Might be buying my third festie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be buying my third festie

So why well festiver is rusty and there's so much I wanna do that I'm spending all my time with cool mods and not putting her back together lol and 1/3 of my pay on fuel thanks to the 8mpg behemoth plus I'm planning on doing a shell swap with ømëgå so anything I do to festiver is gonna be pulled out to go in ømëgå in the spring/ summer anyway so maybe I should rip everything back out of festiver and just put it in ømëgå now and not waste time with festiver? I dunno I found a festiva a couple hours away he's interested in non car items maybe I can trade my xbox/TV or whatever he wants for it and just daily it and not touch it with invasive surgical upgrades

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Festiver
    93 L find/5 speed
    BP/g15mr swapped
    Aspire brake swapped
    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
    rustful
    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
    advanced suspension
    kai/skeeter camber
    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

All I know is my parents will be pissed if I pull home a 3rd car without getting rid of one first lol

Festiver
    93 L find/5 speed
    BP/g15mr swapped
    Aspire brake swapped
    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all

89 festie
    rustful

93 festie
    advanced suspension
    kai/skeeter camber
    b3t/g15mr

Comment

Do it! I have three cars at my parents and rims, tires, shocks and brakes in the living room. And headers and a supercharger kit in my room.
      91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
      14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
        ...and just daily it and not touch it with invasive surgical upgrades
        Bwahahaha, not likely!
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          Bwahahaha, not likely!
          Yeahhh reason 1 of my parents opposition argument lol

Festiver
          93 L find/5 speed
          BP/g15mr swapped
          Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
          rustful

93 festie
          advanced suspension
          kai/skeeter camber
          b3t/g15mr

Comment

Yeah so my parents said that I should wait till I'm working full-time and get a loan and get a non festiva newer car that I dislike lol

Festiver
            93 L find/5 speed
            BP/g15mr swapped
            Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
            rustful

93 festie
            advanced suspension
            kai/skeeter camber
            b3t/g15mr

Comment

They're right...
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Strip your parts off festiver and sell it, then buy another festiva. Newer 'better' cars are way more money short term and long term and kill the joy of working on cars. Why do your parents want you to get a loan for a car?
                When you buy a festiva it doesnt depreciate in value.
                You want a nicer one with no rust, but if you buy a $500 festiva you can run it into the ground and sell it for $400. Buy a 20k car and 5 years later its worth 8k in pristine condition and you were scared to have fun in it because you might break it.... thats 10 festivas in 5 years...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                Last edited by ryanprins13; 01-26-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  They're right...
                  Yeah plan 3rd festie is a fail

Festiver
                  93 L find/5 speed
                  BP/g15mr swapped
                  Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                  rustful

93 festie
                  advanced suspension
                  kai/skeeter camber
                  b3t/g15mr

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                    Strip your parts off festiver and sell it, then buy another festiva. Newer 'better' cars are way more money short term and long term and kill the joy of working on cars. Why do your parents want you to get a loan for a car?
                    When you buy a festiva it doesnt depreciate in value.
                    You want a nicer one with no rust, but if you buy a $500 festiva you can run it into the ground and sell it for $400. Buy a 20k car and 5 years later its worth 8k in pristine condition and you were scared to have fun in it because you might break it.... thats 10 festivas in 5 years...

The main problem is I like festivas too much and when I like something I can't leave it alone

Festiver
                    93 L find/5 speed
                    BP/g15mr swapped
                    Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                    rustful

93 festie
                    advanced suspension
                    kai/skeeter camber
                    b3t/g15mr

Comment

The main problem is I like festivas too much and when I like something I can't leave it alone

So? Anything you can do to a festiva is cheap compared to doing it to something else. My first festiva cost $700 and the po thought it was ready to die. I drove it for 9.5years, 250,000km and it was incredibly reliable. I kept track of everything i spent on it. I did a nice sterio system, $550 tow hitch, $750 when scaffolding like 20ft high blew onto it and crushed it, i did fog lights, lots of seat covers, painted it, painted a lot of rims, i raced it, drove it in the bush, beat on it hard, did all the maintinance i could think of.... including all the tools i bought for all my vehicles it crossed the $10,000 CAD mark after 9yrs. A good portion of that was tools too. (7500usd)

I have newer vehicles, keep track of all their costs. Ive worked in a mechanic shop and autobody. Newer vehicles cost way more. Festiva was at like 4.5 cents/km last i checked and i think the civic is at 10 cents/km. Everything costs more on them.
                      My coworker thinks opposite of me, bought a $25k vehicle new, pays $300-1000 per oil change at the dealership and the vehicle depreciates all the time. After 9 years its cost him like 38k assuming zero interest, no mods or fun and he can sell it for $5. I have 10 into mine, had fun, have my tools, could strip off 1k of parts and sell it for $500. Im out 8500 and had fun, learned lots, stayed out of trouble.
                      The other thing is gas, my festiva saves me i think $400/yr on gas over a honda civic. So like $3600 in the 9 years.

Newer vehicles still need maintinance, still break down and their parts are a ton of money. A windshield for my brother in laws honda odessy is $1300. Thats a nice festiva...

After a bunch of years working in autobody and a mechanic shop i came to the conclusion that vehicles are the biggest waste of money there is. If it doesnt make you really happy then its not worth more than $200. Most of the guys i graduated with probably have over 100k sunk into vehicles now. Dont do that and your richer than you think, lol.
                      Last edited by ryanprins13; 01-26-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

So? Anything you can do to a festiva is cheap compared to doing it to something else. My first festiva cost $700 and the po thought it was ready to die. I drove it for 9.5years, 250,000km and it was incredibly reliable. I kept track of everything i spent on it. I did a nice sterio system, $550 tow hitch, $750 when scaffolding like 20ft high blew onto it and crushed it, i did fog lights, lots of seat covers, painted it, painted a lot of rims, i raced it, drove it in the bush, beat on it hard, did all the maintinance i could think of.... including all the tools i bought for all my vehicles it crossed the $10,000 CAD mark after 9yrs. A good portion of that was tools too. (7500usd)

I have newer vehicles, keep track of all their costs. Ive worked in a mechanic shop and autobody. Newer vehicles cost way more. Festiva was at like 4.5 cents/km last i checked and i think the civic is at 10 cents/km. Everything costs more on them.
                        My coworker thinks opposite of me, bought a $25k vehicle new, pays $300-1000 per oil change at the dealership and the vehicle depreciates all the time. After 9 years its cost him like 38k assuming zero interest, no mods or fun and he can sell it for $5. I have 10 into mine, had fun, have my tools, could strip off 1k of parts and sell it for $500. Im out 8500 and had fun, learned lots, stayed out of trouble.
                        The other thing is gas, my festiva saves me i think $400/yr on gas over a honda civic. So like $3600 in the 9 years.

Newer vehicles still need maintinance, still break down and their parts are a ton of money. A windshield for my brother in laws honda odessy is $1300. Thats a nice festiva...

Yeah it's cheap compared but still if I got another festiva it'll end up becoming another project

Festiver
                        93 L find/5 speed
                        BP/g15mr swapped
                        Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                        rustful

93 festie
                        advanced suspension
                        kai/skeeter camber
                        b3t/g15mr

Comment

Yeah it's cheap compared but still if I got another festiva it'll end up becoming another project

Buy pedro for $5k and theres nothing youll have to do to it, lol.

Comment

Buy pedro for $5k and theres nothing youll have to do to it, lol.

Lol that's alot to pull from my butt

Festiver
                            93 L find/5 speed
                            BP/g15mr swapped
                            Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                            rustful

93 festie
                            advanced suspension
                            kai/skeeter camber
                            b3t/g15mr

Comment

Lol that's alot to pull from my butt

Get a loan, lol.

Comment