Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made a couple things for my festiva with my 3d printer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a couple things for my festiva with my 3d printer...

Both still need a lot of tweaking but I'm having fun. I want to make a more permanent cup holder. I was thinking of unscrewing the face of the ashtray and printing out a cup holder connecting to that somehow. Also, the car shifter needs a lot of tweaking. I think if I could get it to look better and paint it it would be kinda neat. I love this 3d printing stuff, pretty much limited to your imagination and designing capabilities. That is where I lack, designing things.
    Last edited by jimdigs; 02-03-2017, 01:04 PM.

Nice! What type of printer do you have and what software do you use to design?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool!
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

You could make the cup holder so it just clips onto ashtray, you just need an extra piece on the one you already made

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
          Nice! What type of printer do you have and what software do you use to design?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
          I have a Flash Forge Creator Pro and I use Tinkercad for designing things. Tinkercad is a free real basic designing software, perfect for me.

Comment

What's the function of the black rectangular clips on your seat belt latches?

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
              I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
                I was wondering the same thing but I just assumed it came on a Model that I have never seen before.
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

I forgot what the black things are called, but they were part of a recall issued many years ago on the Festiva. Some kind of safety fix.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I asked some of the older people at work and the only thing we could think of was that they were there to keep the seat belts from pinching your love handles lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
                      I forgot what the black things are called, but they were part of a recall issued many years ago on the Festiva. Some kind of safety fix.
                      I just looked up the Recall. I'm pretty sure they were made because of the Following Reason

1988 Ford Festiva Seat Belts Recall 95V103011

Action Number: N/A
                      Service Bulletin Number: 95V103011
                      Report Date: Jun 27, 1995 Component: Seat Belts
                      Potential Units Affected: 265000
                      Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company
                      Summary: The front safety belt buckle release buttons can break. These red plastic release buttons are marked "press. " if a button breaks, pieces can fall into the buckle assembly causing the buckle to operate improperly.
                      Consequence: The safety belts would not provide adequate protection to an occupant in a vehicle crash.
                      Remedy: Owners should promptly check the condition and operation of both front safety belt buckles and carefully inspect the red release button for any breaks or cracks. They should ensure that both buckles are operating properly by inserting each latch plate into its buckle, tugging on the belt to make sure that latch is securely locked, and then pressing the release button. The latch plate should pop out of the buckle when the button is pressed. If either release button shows a sign of breaking or cracking or if either buckle fails to operate properly, owners should promptly contact their authorized dealer to schedule an appointment to have the buckle replaced or repaired, free of charge. The manufacturer is developing a remedy designed to prevent failure of the buttons that are not currently broken.
                      Notes: System: interior; seat belts; belt buckles. Vehicle description: passenger vehicles equipped with safety belts made by takata corporation. Note: the 1987 through 1989 4-door mercury tracers involved in this recallcampaign were only sold in canada. No tracers sold in the united states are involved. Note: owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time, should contact ford at 1-800-392-3673. Also contact the national highway traffic safety administration's auto safety hotline at 1-800-424-9393.

Quite Ironic reading that since Takata is the reason for the Giant Recall of Airbags due to Plastic Failures
                      Last edited by firebush357; 02-03-2017, 02:44 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

They included my 90 on the recall.
                        Jerry
                        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                          Quite Ironic reading that since Takata is the reason for the Giant Recall of Airbags due to Plastic Failures
                          We've had the four dashboard airbags in our two Hondas (two driver, two passenger) replaced as part of the famed recall. The most recent replacement was just last month when my Ridgeline was in for its annual safety and emission inspections. I didn't even know about the passenger side airbag recall. The dealership had done the driver's side the year previously and I thought that was that. Apparently not.

At least the necessary part was in stock. My wife received a letter from Honda Corporate, advising her of the recall for the airbags on her CR-V. The stated reason for the recall was that the airbags may inflate with too much force, and that "deaths have been associated with excessive deployment pressures." The letter went on to say that the necessary replacement parts -- primarily the inflator modules -- wouldn't be in stock stateside for several months, and that owners were advised to park their vehicles as a matter of personal safety. I had a good time reminding the Missus that she would be driving a deathtrap until such time that the Parts Department could save her life. I didn't own my Festiva at the time, so I didn't have alternate transport for myself if she drove my now-safe truck.

Episodes like the aforementioned serve to remind me why I admire the old tech in the Festiva.

Comment

i have a recall letter found in one of my previous cars. never knew what the fix was. then i saw these on ebay and couldn't figure out what they were supposed to do and the part# was unusual. now the mystery is solved!

Comment

d
                              Last edited by jimdigs; 02-04-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X