Craziest Festiva I have ever seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craziest Festiva I have ever seen

Whose beast is this? I've never seen this car before. Mentions of carbon fiber body parts and steering rack ratio reducer. They claim 1.7 lock to lock. Wow

Also sorry if it's been posted before.
    https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/124126
    Last edited by Grey Vw; 02-04-2017, 02:19 AM.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Id like to know the steering reducer used!
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I've seen this car posted before.

I wonder how much power than engine makes.

And also where the LSD came from.

And why it has stock seats in a scca car.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Or the goofy hood plastic, when there are NACA ducts in the rear windows... And dual front sway bars!?! Why!!? And a white dash... Glare much?
          Not to mention that Jasper does not produce a performance b series engine of any kind.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
            I've seen this car posted before.

I wonder how much power than engine makes.

And also where the LSD came from.

And why it has stock seats in a scca car.
            from what i remember the car was onlly a track car, and the next guy who bought it riced it up a little so he could drive it on the street and enjoy it more. I want this thing badly

Comment

No engine pics. With dual 40mm sidedrafts I'm guessing it's a B3 with extensive work done to it. Mainly it looks to me to be a poser, and not worth a fraction of the asking price.
              Last edited by TominMO; 02-04-2017, 10:02 AM.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                Or the goofy hood plastic, when there are NACA ducts in the rear windows... And dual front sway bars!?! Why!!? And a white dash... Glare much?
                Not to mention that Jasper does not produce a performance b series engine of any kind.
                Is Jasper the supplier for Jegs engines? I would guess it's a one off kinda deal.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Is Jasper the supplier for Jegs engines? I would guess it's a one off kinda deal.
                  Just looked through my Jegs catalog. Only saw V8 engines for sale in there. Dual sidedrafts = 4-cylinder. Suspicious to me that there is no engine pic, or identification of it.

Just called the guy, after reading the entire description. He is not exactly sure what motor is in there! "Pretty sure" it's a Ford though. :-) He's like the third owner, and is basically a car salesman; says he has over 100 cars to sell. Here is his website.

It does seem more legit to me now--but still not worth the price. I'm sure we have guys on this forum who could duplicate it for far less. To be worth bothering with building up the motor, it would have to be a B6D or BP. Otherwise that's a ton of money to spend on a B3. I think a full-blown Dickmeyer 16-valve 4 cylinder would top out at ~$3500 give or take, for example. His built B6 SOHC head and header in my Festiva were ~$1900. It would be ironic if it turned out he was the actual contracted one-off builder of this motor! He does do work for large companies in these situations.

If it's just a B3, then it probably only has an E tranny. Why the wide wheels? According to what I understand from Charlie, they will actually provide less traction.
                  Last edited by TominMO; 02-04-2017, 11:27 AM.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Sorry, in my head I transposed Jasper and Jegs, in either case, neither produce any performance b series engine. Jasper does rebuild stock b series, but that's as far as it goes.

Also, the legends cars he's selling are worth more than that Festiva (disregarding the asking price)
                    Last edited by FestYboy; 02-04-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

This car is quite a bit different than it used to be, years ago it was a pretty badass autocross racer in EP class. it took a bit of searching to find it but i knew i've seen engine pics before. Heres a link to his cardomain page.

Also, it was a built B3 in there, EP class rules dont allow engine swaps, but compression, porting, cams etc are all free.
                      "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Comment

From above:

Gary's 1990 Festiva has appeared in the issue of Grassroots Motorsports magazine (one of only two Festivas I know of that share the distinction of having an article in that mag, the other being Tim DeRonne's old ITD car).

Gary's car started out competing in the D Street Prepared class of SCCA Solo 2, which the Grassroots article shows. Later, after these mods, the car was put in the heavy hitting category of EP.

The B3 that powers this Festiva racer is based off a Jegs Performance Racing built short block that features 11:1 custom forged pistons, race crank preparation, enlarged valves (Corvette), custom fabricated header, and a race ported cylinder head (flow benched) and camshaft. Engine breathes deeply through 4 40mm sidedraft carburetors. Spark is handled by a Mallory electronic ignition and spark computer.

Near 150 ponies are sent through a Torque Master racing clutch and a 5-speed manual transaxle equipped with a Mazda Motorsports (California) limited slip differential.

Suspension is as you expect well suited for competition, consisting of custom coil-overs and sway bars. Carbon fiber flared fenders cover the wide race rubber (7 x 13 and 8 x 13 with cantilevered Hoosiers are used on the car for racing duty). Steering was quickened up by using a steering gear reducer (1.7 turns lock to lock), much like how is done on certain types of oval/dirt track racing.

A very cool Festiva!

Author: Rich N.

Pictures Submitted by: Gary Fulkerson
                        Last edited by jemartin144; 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

This dude is legendary. He was already doing water injection with high compression in the early 90s!. I wasn't even alive yet.

And he was already into the heavy negative rear camber.
                          Last edited by Grey Vw; 03-20-2017, 12:19 PM.
                          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                          14 C7 Z51

Comment

It would be fun to see it in person and take a shot at making it faster.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                            X