Intro threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro threat

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. The name is Mike, and I just recently acquired a 93 festiva 1.3 GL. I work at an independent repaid shop, and purchased it for a a whopping 125.00.

Came in with a "blown head gasket" and upon tear down, found a broken valve, small hole in a piston.

What was planned to be a quick fix, and total daily beater with great mpg. Has now turned into a budget build for kicks and giggles.

Plans; 1.6l b6ze swap, I already have the capri valve cover. 5 speed swap. Once it's running eBay turbo kit later on down the road.

My intentions are to take it to a few car meets, hurt some Hondas feelings. Along with a few laughs along the

20.00 are my local junkyard!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-06-2017, 01:02 AM.

Welcome!!! Please add your local to your avatar. We have members throughout the world, you may find you have many members close to you.

And not to be a prude, but please mind the language. There's a stickie about it at the top of the section. I'd edit it for you but I'm not a mod for this section.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Great Looking automatic 93 GL you got there Mike. From those nice looking seats, I would guess that the mileage on the odometer must be pretty low and from the green trees and palms in the pictures I am guessing it's from a place with no snow and no rust.
      Welcome to fordfestiva.com.... we want you to stick around a long time, so please do keep you posts G rated so our moderators don't have to banish you.

Comment

Welcome you'll find quickly festivas can be very addictive especially upgrading glad to have you

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
        stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
        rustful
        maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Welcome to the community! Looks like a great car, well worth the 125.00 investment.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

And actually, seeing as a mod has already edited my original post (which I apologize for the language)

Could you edit my username as well? It was suppose to be "ihasmiata?". It's been my user name on every forum for the past 8 years lol

But thanks for the welcomes! They definitely seem like they can be made into a fun cars, even with a low budget!

Comment

Welcome! I can't wait to hear all about the repairs you will be on with this car.
              1992 Ford Festiva 1.3 L 4-cylinder

Comment

Welcome, stillhasmiata?

Comment

Welcome!

I commented on your post on FB as well, that is a great looking car!

Subscribed to watch the progress!
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                  Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                  Feel free to PM me anytime!
                  Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                  Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Totally worth $125, I just spent $250 and a day of driving to pick up one with a Hole in the block.
                    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                    sigpic
                    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

No, unfortunately I do not have a miata. I have had many, and will have more!

And w4tkry, I remember! I'll definitely let you know if I decide to sell the tail lights.

And thanks for the warm welcome! I'll actually make a build thread the car as I start to gather more parts. Everything is still research at this moment. So everything is subject to change.

But I will post a for sale thread, the car will most likely end up getting a stripped interior, along with the b3 stuff that I won't be reusing.

Comment

Festiva owners come in several flavors:

1) Plain - Got it, didn't know how much fun it was going to be, keeping it
                        2) Cherry - Had one before, loved it, want to build one that is perfectly restored.
                        3) SALSA - Got a pretty good idea what they are doing in the "KITCHEN" and want to make something seriously SPICY
                        4) Chocolate - Not necessarily a RALLY Driver, but love how they run on backroads, goes camping and touring a lot and covers the car in dirt
                        5) Rocky Road - Can't believe how much punishment the car will take and want to go to the next level with it
                        6) HABANERO - Semi Advanced fabricator that wants to see how "HOT" they can make one
                        7) Mardi Gras - (these people are fun) Doesn't take much seriously and plays with everything - especially their wheels
                        8) Extra Caffeine, please - Dedicated ROAD TRIPPERS who love the cars because they are apparently nuclear powered
                        9) MUCHO MACHO - people who study power to weight ratio to the detriment of sanity
                        10) NITRO - Full race guru's who have it down to a science (See also: AdvanceDynamix)

~You should beware of the addictive nature of the machine...
                        (Just sayin'...)

PS: You know you have gone past the point of no return when you hear yourself telling someone:
                        "NO!!! It is NOT a Fiesta..." :angry4:

*We become kind of feisty about that, don't we? disgust
                        Last edited by Greywolf; 02-06-2017, 11:52 PM.
                        Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Originally posted by Greywolf View Post
                          Festiva owners come in several flavors:

1) Plain - Got it, didn't know how much fun it was going to be, keeping it
                          2) Cherry - Had one before, loved it, want to build one that is perfectly restored.
                          3) SALSA - Got a pretty good idea what they are doing in the "KITCHEN" and want to make something seriously SPICY
                          4) Chocolate - Not necessarily a RALLY Driver, but love how they run on backroads, goes camping and touring a lot and covers the car in dirt
                          5) Rocky Road - Can't believe how much punishment the car will take and want to go to the next level with it
                          6) HABANERO - Semi Advanced fabricator that wants to see how "HOT" they can make one
                          7) Mardi Gras - (these people are fun) Doesn't take much seriously and plays with everything - especially their wheels
                          8) Extra Caffeine, please - Dedicated ROAD TRIPPERS who love the cars because they are nuclear powered
                          9) MUCHO MACHO - people who study power to weight ratio to the detriment of sanity
                          10) NITRO - Full race guru's who have it down to a science (See also: AdvanceDynamix)
                          Now I want to see you go through the build threads and give one of these ratings to each!

- Korean Note 4 via Tapatalk -
                          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                          Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                          Feel free to PM me anytime!
                          Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                          Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

I'd say I be a Salsa member then. lol
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I was mardi gras but I've noticed how much I actually loved the car I went habanero lol but I hope to aspire to mucho macho/nitro

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                              Festiver
                              93 L find/5 speed
                              BP/g15mr swapped
                              Aspire brake swapped
                              Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                              stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                              rustful
                              maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                              advanced suspension
                              kai/skeeter camber
                              b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Working...
                              X