capri cluster or festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capri cluster or festiva?

I saw a post about putting the capri cluster in the festiva dash.

Opinions on that (doing a b6t swap soon), or should I acquire a festiva cluster with a tach?

thanks

He was the first one to do it, and it looked like a lot of Fabrication to get it to fit correctly. If you revisit his thread it shows some pretty good pictures of what he did to make it work. If you have the skill to modify yours then go for it but if you start chopping things up you can't go back...

Have you considered an aftermarket tach?
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Nick up in Indy IN has a capri cluster but he has a full custom dash. It looks great in his car tho.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Hey Mike & Fits,

Since I built that dash and have done the wiring part of that swap.... The wiring is not so bad if you can read the print on the back of the two clusters, all the lights and gauges are labeled on the back of both clusters... the plugs are way different but the speedo cable matches no problem. Actually when I built the dash I had the a tach cluster from a Festiva in that car for many years, but once I started to daily the car I swapped in the Capri cluster so I didn't have to add in a separate boost gauge.

If you take your time and do one wire at a time the wiring is very easy. Making it fit in the stock hole will require a whole bunch of cutting. If you want something different that would be different, if you just want a tach the stock cluster bolts right in, just connect a jumper under the hood(iirc) and you are done....

Good luck with your upgrade, whichever way you go. Keep us posted.
        Last edited by red90festyonair; 02-08-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

thanks

b6t swap happening as soon as I get it running right in the capri it currently resides in.

Comment

Working...
          X