No announcement yet.

Frito's Grand Journey--9,000 Mile Pre-Madness X Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drooooool. Feel like i traveled the US through your post and pics.. thank you this is awesome. What inspired you to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by RdstrBlk View Post
      Drooooool. Feel like i traveled the US through your post and pics.. thank you this is awesome. What inspired you to do this?
      Thanks! I love driving my Festiva, I guess that was my main inspiration. I had a plan to live in a van for a while with a couple friends that fell through so this was kind of the fulfillment of that urge.
      Ben Rogers, Admin of the
      Facebook Group

'93 Festiva GL "Frito" (Travelled in 36 US States & 4 Canadian Provinces)

'91 Festiva L "Barry Bluejeans"
      '95 Dickmeyer Aspire SE "Dortmund" (SOLD to jbibb1)
      '91 Festiva L "Fermina" (SOLD to Hulspowered)
      '93 Festiva L "Tallsmallcar" (SOLD to Stretch and Skeeters_Keeper)

Watch "It's a Festiva", my short film!

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

Ahhh the famous old inspiration of the van down by the river. A motivational speaker of sorts! Haha just kidding, wish I had the courage to drop all my things and embark on that kind of journey.

So for the aerial photos, would you just set the drone to hover around the corner and when you took the corner triggered it to capture? Or just a frame from video? Really interested in learning more about your photography setup for this.

Comment

The pics brought back such good memories, it was a great trip. I am looking forward to the trip to Westiva in July. Those considering Westiva are welcome to caravan with us.

Comment

Awesome trip. The pics are killer!
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Thanks y'all!
              Ben Rogers, Admin of the
              Facebook Group

Comment

ya just read through this all, what an amazing experience that must of been the fact you had no mechanical issues probably just made the trip that much better!

I'm glad you're coming to westiva cant wait to meet you and frito!

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                  ya just read through this all, what an amazing experience that must of been the fact you had no mechanical issues probably just made the trip that much better!

I'm glad you're coming to westiva cant wait to meet you and frito!
                  ^^^ What he said!

I thoroughly enjoyed our long distance road trips. Our first was from Calgary to Madness V in 2011... 10000km/6200 miles in 14 days with five of us!
                  Last edited by fastivaca; 02-21-2017, 10:18 AM.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I just had to cheese all over these pics
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

<3
                      Ben Rogers, Admin of the
                      Facebook Group

Comment

Working...
                      X