Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C - Factory vs. Dealer-Installed Questions

Guys -

Does anyone have an opinion as to what system works better?......factory or dealer-installed?

Is maintenance about the same on each?

Also, can anyone briefly tell me what parts between the 2 systems are NOT compatible with each other?

Thanks!
    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

I originally had dealer, but changed to factory because I added power steering. There was interference with the hoses. Most of the components do the same job, but are located in different areas of the car. The dealer relays are over the right shock tower. The factory relays are between the battery and left headlight. Even though the factory A/C lines went across the rad support and behind the battery, I managed to connect a few dealer pieces and route them on the opposite side. It was good for me because I installed dealer cruise. The cruise wiring follows the high pressure A/C line. I am also using the condenser from an automatic (leaving out the fan) to route my line differently back to the compressor. If you look at my setup, it looks like it originally came that way from Ford. I bought a cheap factory A/C tool kit on eBay to test, and assemble the compressor. I have never searched or seen a Sanden compressor tool kit. Good luck.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 02-10-2017, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Anyone else out there care to venture an opinion?

I have the ability to get a complete factory package out of a JY Festy. I also have a complete dealer-installed system (minus the compressor) I bought on eBay but I'm not sure which, if any, is best to install.

Comment

The compressor bracket, the tensioner, and the lines are different. They are about the same. Seems easier to find the condenser for the dealer setup.

I've had both
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
          The compressor bracket, the tensioner, and the lines are different. They are about the same. Seems easier to find the condenser for the dealer setup.

I've had both
          eurotiva -

Thx for replying.

Good to know.
          Last edited by Twistiva; 02-22-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I would think the dealer ac would be easier to install.

Comment

Working...
            X