Greetings From Knoxville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings From Knoxville

Hello! My name is Jon. I recently joined the Festiva party with a 1993 4spd Festiva GL I purchased off Craigslist for a whopping 300$! I runs and drives pretty good for the price and I am excited to fix it up a bit! I have noticed parts are fairly cheap so this should be a fun build. Here are some pics of it and my other cars/projects. Hope to show plenty of upgrades and part refreshing in the months to come.

Here is the Festiva!
    day1.jpg
    adsfs.jpg
    dayt.jpg
    feedbreed.jpg

Here are a few of my other toys

adsf.jpg
    20160514_131033.jpg
    Rally_071616_2.jpg
    runnin.jpg
    Attached Files
    :woc:

1993 Festiva GL
    1996 Subaru Outback
    2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
    1971 Ford Firetruck
    1990 Makeshift Miata

Welcome! That is a nice looking Festiva for $300!
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Welcome. You scored a really nice one there.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you've gotten a great deal. Believe it or not, you've found one of the best kept secrets in performance driving. With very little invested, that little 300 dollar beater can out perform full blown race cars and exotic sports cars.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-13-2017, 02:32 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I will definitely be picking your brain! I plan on making this an autocross toy. So suspension and braking will be first up (already have some decent wheels and tires) then onto some more power. I think i got a deal. Was planning on using it as is, and feeling the differences as I add parts.

1993 Festiva GL
          1996 Subaru Outback
          1971 Ford Firetruck
          1990 Makeshift Miata

Comment

Welcome to the Forum and good find for $300.

If you are wondering how to get bigger pictures, we use Photobucket and then just copy and past the Image Link.

If you are looking to cleanup the Car a little try some Purple Power in the engine compartment and painting some of the pieces, it makes everything look much nicer.
            Before

After (Thought I had a better picture)

I also used some polishing compound and then Turtle Wax and a drill attachment to bring the gloss back to my white paint.
            Before

After
            "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
            sigpic
            "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
            "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
            "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
            "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

4 speed??? That car seems too clean to have had a trans blow up on it, and then have a 4 speed put in its place.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I want to live in knoxville. I love that town. Gonna move there one day!
                1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Hammonyay View Post
                  I will definitely be picking your brain! I plan on making this an autocross toy. So suspension and braking will be first up (already have some decent wheels and tires) then onto some more power. I think i got a deal. Was planning on using it as is, and feeling the differences as I add parts.
                  Feel free to pick away. We all work together to keep improving the these cars. They are pretty amazing little vehicles. It's fun to start with them stock and improve as you go. The best part is that upgrades are dirt cheap, as long as you don't mind doing some work.
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-14-2017, 12:24 AM.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    4 speed??? That car seems too clean to have had a trans blow up on it, and then have a 4 speed put in its place.
                    So as I am new to this, is it abnormal for a 4 speed to be in this GL? Also, most of the air intake tube that goes over the valve cover that I see in pics of these cars appear plastic, however mine is metal, has this possibly had an engine and trans swap?

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                    I want to live in knoxville. I love that town. Gonna move there one day!
                    Knoxville is a great place, lots of back roads for spirited driving and great weather and people. HMU of you ever come down!

1993 Festiva GL
                    1996 Subaru Outback
                    1971 Ford Firetruck
                    1990 Makeshift Miata

Comment

Yes it's abnormal, and seeing that the 5 speed was available for all 6 years and the 4 for only 2... More odd that it's in there. And it looks like the metal intake is just to replace a broken plastic piece.
                      Last edited by FestYboy; 02-14-2017, 10:26 AM.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

That 3rd Toy... o_0

Do I know you?

Car #789
                        Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                        1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                        1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                        http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Originally posted by WTFestiva View Post
                          That 3rd Toy... o_0

Do I know you?
                          You do now! Nice to meet you! You appear to be doing exactly what I want to with this Festiva! I do SCCA RallyCross right now here in East Tn. I love my little subaru but been looking to get into FWD as well. Here are a couple more pics from our venue. (Getting photobucket soon so i can post the larger pics.)

IMG_8694.jpg
                          IMG_9517.jpg
                          IMG_9591.jpg
                          IMG_9558.jpg
                          IMG_9606.jpg
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Hammonyay; 02-14-2017, 10:54 AM.

1993 Festiva GL
                          1996 Subaru Outback
                          1971 Ford Firetruck
                          1990 Makeshift Miata

Comment

That looks sick. If you are looking for any rally knowledge in regards to festivas.......

Ask advanced dynamics...

Jk, (kinda) I can help out with some things and how is held up and the mods we've run but it's better explained on the threads here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Car #789
                            Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                            1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                            1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                            http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Working...
                            X