Moon Wheel Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon Wheel Covers

I've wanted some moon hubcaps for the the stock 12 rims but am hesitant to spend the money on something I can't find a review on. I found some from Autopure of Taiwan on ebay and Amazon but no reviews. Anybody have feedback on these or other moon hubcaps.
    Attached Files

Back in the day, I purchased some generic 13" styled wheel covers for use on my Corolla's OEM steel wheels. The retention (fit) and appearance were very good. The moon-style wheel covers in your photo appear to have the same retention ring as what was on my 13" covers.

As the Festiva's 12" steel wheels are similar in appearance/construction as what was on the Corolla, I'd likely buy the moon covers if I was interested in having them. I'm not sure if their full coverage style would affect brake cooling; perhaps others can comment on that [non?]-issue.

Comment

I would say that if you are running stock 12's then you probably aren't doing anything that would warrant worrying about brake overheating issues.
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

My main concern is that the wheel covers might be poor quality and fall off. I found some Mr.Gasket ones and the reviews were mostly not good.

Comment

Working...
        X