need a small radiator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a small radiator!

I need a smaller radiator! My new manifold looks great but its a bit different then stock. I need to find a small radiator now. What all have you guys ever found?
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Move the stock one to the right.
    The kubota rtv is about festiva size lol.

Comment

Mine has a Honda Civic 2 core.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

O i have the Honda 2 core as well. The new turbo is just in the way! The manifold is slightly big. It's done great tho. I'll make it work. The turbo inlet is now
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Maybe an old mini's radiator would work.
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Needs to be narrower right? How much narrower?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Im gonna look at flipping the turbo over. But then i will have to do a 180° bend out of the exhaust over the top of the turbo to shoot it out of my fender. All my inate will then sit on the passengers side of the motor. Ill heat wrap the exhaust to keep temps down in the bay. Ill have the guy in the shop to weld it all up for me so itll look decent (or get the gas for my welder). If i flip the turbo i dont have to worry with a different radiator! Will check how it all looks tonight.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Another option you might want to look into is Kaowool. It's basically clay kiln liner that you can buy in rolls that's a very effective heat-blocker. I ran it on my VJ11/VF10 hybrid and under my ported manifold/o2 housing shields. Combined with a wrapped downpipe, it kept the engine bay temperatures totally under control. I was really impressed, and needed to be... because my charge pipes and intercooler were dangerously close to the turbo and radiator as well. Though the three heat-shields also had reflective heat tape under them, I attribute most of the benefits I observed in that hyper-cramped engine bay to the Kaowool.
                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

tHANKS BUD
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Suzuki swift Gti radiator is skinny and daul core might be an option
                    93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
                    89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
                    2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

Comment

I have a mini moke double core racing radiator. It's way smaller than the civic one.

I've had it modified to the filler neck is accessible in my festiva, but I've since decided to stick with the civic one because I'm afraid this is too small.

This is is below in front of the civic one just to compare size:

1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

I just had a look on eBay and you can get the mini moke rad in triple core as well.
                        2.75" thick.

Comment

I'm using this with my bpt.

This Suzuki Swift one I picked up was an option for me also before I decided with the above radiator.

Comment

I have made a deal for the dickmyer manifold. I no longer have a need for a small radiator! I like that mini mok tho!
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yeah
                              I'm inclined to use it now. My engine is so far forward that even the civic rad is troublesome

Comment

Working...
                              X