Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some help finding an old post? (non-coil over VW strut fitment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help finding an old post? (non-coil over VW strut fitment)

...lost the link when my computer died, and can't find it now.:nightmare:

Someone fitted a VW Mk2 or Mk3 front strut (not an aftermarket coil over) to their Festy, and posted pics showing the grinding and other work needed to make it clearance. It might have been one of 'Movin's ATV posts; any help?

Thanks in advance...

If I am not mistaken, the Mk2/Mk3 coilover details should help you with non-coilovers as well.

I believe all you need is to elongate one of the holes in the front struts, and I think the rears don't require any modification at all.

The front's might need different mounts as well.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I've done it, but it's a lot of work. You'll still need to get coilover sleeves and get appropriate length and weight springs as well as top hats. By the time you've done all that, you won't save much money over buying the threaded body coilovers which have better valving and are higher quality parts.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
      X