Front Crash Beams feeler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Crash Beams feeler!

I need to make another beam for my red car! I might as well make a jig to be able to weld these up for others. If anyone would like one let me know. The price will be mostly shipping. I would have to have your bumper beam to use as the starting point or maybe look into making one totally from scratch (but that would raise the price some)! I will make mine for the red car and try to improve the design some. I will make it so that all you have to do is drill holes for you stock cover to screw into. If we get a few guys together i will price material and get this going.

I do not know how much this benefits a stock car if any! I do know that my beam was cut up to hold an intercooler and my car had crazy bad torque steer. My beam had lost of flex in it. After i installed this new heavy duty beam i cut my torque steer down 50-75%.

I would charge very little. I dont mean to make much money on these as much as i want the experience. I would charge material, freight and just a bit for my time. I would paint it and ship it back to you ready to install. I am no pro welder. In fact im not ever all that great yet. My beam is holding up to 350hp with no issues.

Just pm me or leave a post here if your interested.

1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

100$ plus shipping will do it. you will have to send me your bumper as a core once you have the new bumper. I will use it to make the next bumper for the next guy. You will have to drill holes for your stock bumper cover to screw back onto it and thats it.

Im gonna guess return shipping to be 50$. the bumper is heavy once built. But it will add plenty of weight for traction and stiffen up the front.
    Last edited by mikemounlio; 02-20-2017, 05:33 PM.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yeah I'd go for that

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      Festiver
      93 L find/5 speed
      BP/g15mr swapped
      Aspire brake swapped
      Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
      stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
      rustful
      maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
      advanced suspension
      kai/skeeter camber
      b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Could you do a madness shipment? Vs. the actual shipping
        still charge some for shipping because the bumpers take up space and weight

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
        stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
        rustful
        maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

I sure could!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Hmmmm, would a 121 front bumper fit around one? It would probably be close to as tight as your bumpers on Lucifer.
            Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
            Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
            Feel free to PM me anytime!
            Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
            Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Out of curiosity, was the (standard) crash beam a requirement on cars sold in the US? We didn't/don't have them here on the mazda 121. I'm wondering if our festivas had them.

Does the Aspire have a crash beam?
              Last edited by reddragon; 02-21-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon View Post
                Out of curiosity, was the (standard) crash beam a requirement on cars sold in the US? We didn't/don't have them here on the mazda 121. I'm wondering if our festivas had them.

I can look at my aspire when i get home tonight.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yea, 5mph Impact laws mandated them
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                  Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                  Feel free to PM me anytime!
                  Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                  Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                    Hmmmm, would a 121 front bumper fit around one? It would probably be close to as tight as your bumpers on Lucifer.
                    I dont know but i can mount up the beam on lucifer and give it a try. I can always make the beam out of smaller material as well.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Your car should have a crash bar of some sorts as well. It may or may not have the foam energy absorber

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                        Your car should have a crash bar of some sorts as well. It may or may not have the foam energy absorber
                        I believe we have side intrusion bars, but no crash bar or foam up front.

Comment

Delete
                          Last edited by reddragon; 02-21-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Delete what?
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

It double posted

Comment

Working...
                              X