Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time listener, first time caller...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time listener, first time caller...

Ladies and gentlemen, after searching every single day for months on craigslist, today, I finally acquired my first Ford Festiva. Therefore, I felt it was now appropriate to post and say hello after four months of lurking here. I've been extremely impressed with the members of this forum and the procured knowledge base it has to offer and it has surely contributed to my motivation for buying one of these cars. That said, thank you for all of that and I can not wait to first upgrade the brakes and suspension on this thing.

Pics of car from CL post:
    1993 Festiva L with 5 speed transmission
    IMG_0221.JPGIMG_0222.JPGIMG_0223.JPGIMG_0228.JPGIMG_0229.JPG

This has been the cleanest example I've found close to me and I'll let you all know right now that it's in good hands. It's running well as far as I can tell but I'll start going through engine, trans and cooling system before upgrading said above. Future plans... I'm itching for a turbo engine again but who knows. For now, I'll enjoy the MPG. My other vehicles include a 1986 Toyota Cressida factory 5-speed and 1999 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 5-speed with factory e-locker. I've had a few other interesting rides over the years and the Festiva fits right in. Moving forward, I hope to contribute to the forum as soon as I can. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by RobotKarate; 02-20-2017, 10:29 PM.
    1999 Toyota 4Runner - daily beater
    1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD
    1986 Toyota Cressida - #stressida hmmmmmm SOLD!!

Congratulations! You sure picked a really nice one. I, too, lurked for quite a while before joining. Welcome!
    Ben Rogers, Admin of the
    Facebook Group

'93 Festiva GL "Frito" (Travelled in 36 US States & 4 Canadian Provinces)

'91 Festiva L "Barry Bluejeans"
    '95 Dickmeyer Aspire SE "Dortmund" (SOLD to jbibb1)
    '91 Festiva L "Fermina" (SOLD to Hulspowered)
    '93 Festiva L "Tallsmallcar" (SOLD to Stretch and Skeeters_Keeper)

Watch "It's a Festiva", my short film!

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

Great looking car, congrats
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Welcome!

Looks great! What a clean car. Do I spy AC lines?

Also, you should add yourself to the member list and map in my Signature below!
        Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
        Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
        Feel free to PM me anytime!
        Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
        Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Nice find and welcome to the forum!!!! My first festy was a red one welcomsign

Comment

Congratulations on your find! I was just in ATL last month. You've got a few great, and very knowledgeable members right close to you, and you're not far from Festiva Madness HQ in N.C.
            Welcome aboard!
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Howdy! Great looking car there. Glad to read that you want to go turbo someday maybe. These are great cars. Number 1 rule here is Advancedynamix knows best. If you come close to doing as he has done your car will blow you away. Id say my car is 10% of what his are and its simply amazing!

Good luck on the mods. Ask any questions you need!
              1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
              1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
              1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
              19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Welcome! beautiful car extremely clean looking forward to your turbo build *cough*bp+t*cough* lol just kidding all b series engines turbo charged are very impressive

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                Festiver
                93 L find/5 speed
                BP/g15mr swapped
                Aspire brake swapped
                Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                rustful
                maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                advanced suspension
                kai/skeeter camber
                b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Thanks everyone. Added myself to the map and yes, factory AC, got lucky there! I was hoping for a tachometer but you can't have it all. I'm glad I got one finally but it came at a crazy time as I'm under contract on a house. Once I close on that and get everything over there I'll start scrounging up the parts I need for the steering, braking and suspension upgrades. I used to be into turbo Mitsubishi cars about ten years ago but it was a love/hate relationship in the end. Was planning on LSx swap with the Cressida just so I wouldn't have to futz with tuning turbos but I'll be taking my time with this and would do it right if I go the forced induction route.
                  1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD

Comment

If you want a tach cluster, make a Want To Buy post in the Sale forums, and somebody will probably be able to help you out!
                    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                    Feel free to PM me anytime!
                    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Thanks, will do. Just gotta get closed on this house first!
                      1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                      X