Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have trouble loading this site for the past 3 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have trouble loading this site for the past 3 days?

Kept saying site taking to long to load.

none here, but my internet explorer sold with most computers sure never works right and they've yuppied my expensive dsl internet service back to phone modem speeds with all the nonsense they try to stick on a page. no particular problems here.....

Comment

Originally posted by harpon View Post
      none here, but my internet explorer sold with most computers sure never works right and they've yuppied my expensive dsl internet service back to phone modem speeds with all the nonsense they try to stick on a page. no particular problems here.....
      Yes. On my tablet, this site won't load up (yet any other website loads just fine). It does that every couple months. AFter 4-5 days, it returns to normal. Yet, this site loads up just fine on my I-phone with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
        Anyone else have trouble loading this site for the past 3 days? Kept saying site taking to long to load.
        Originally posted by wwwdotgov View Post
        Yes. On my tablet, this site won't load up (yet any other website loads just fine). It does that every couple months. AFter 4-5 days, it returns to normal. Yet, this site loads up just fine on my I-phone with no problems.
        Darn, here's what should have been the correct quote.
        Also, My problems loading this website on my tablet started Sunday night.
        Last edited by wwwdotgov; 02-22-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

If I am on my WiFi at home, I can't get on the site sometimes. I never have problems on my 4g connection though.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I had problems getting on with my home pc. Apparently the forum server blocked my ip address. If that happens, get on another pc or use phone to get hold of Simon or one of the moderators and they will get it unblocked.
            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

I tried another laptop and even had my son try on his desktop and he couldn't get on either. The site would not load.

Comment

You cannot use any laptop or desktop in your house using the same internet. The internet in your house has same ip address no matter what instrument you use. Try using your phone without it being connected to wifi in your house. Or use a friends pc using their internet. Find out what your ip address is and have one of the moderators check to see if the forum server has blocked your ip address.
                01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
                  I had problems getting on with my home pc. Apparently the forum server blocked my ip address. If that happens, get on another pc or use phone to get hold of Simon or one of the moderators and they will get it unblocked.
                  This is good info, except I'm a moderator and I have no idea how to help. It's a good thing I'm not paid for this. Lol. Damkid is a supermod, which is somewhere in between a moderator and an administrator. He may have clearance to do this. I'll try contacting Simon or Brian about this. It seems like a common issue. I'd like to help if I can.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

This morning it returned back to normal for me. It's back to loading up fine on my tablet (but was down Sunday night thru-Wednesday). My IPhone on a different network never had problems. This outage has happened to me maybe 4-5 times in the last year. And usually for a few days.
                    Last edited by wwwdotgov; 02-23-2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Simon is the one that helped unblock my ip address just this past Tuesday so he would be one to help someone. Glad you got it back wwwdotgov. You all have a great week and weekend.
                      01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by wwwdotgov View Post
                        This morning it returned back to normal for me. It's back to loading up fine on my tablet (but was down Sunday night thru-Wednesday). My IPhone on a different network never had problems. This outage has happened to me maybe 4-5 times in the last year. And usually for a few days.
                        That's what I've noticed with my Internet at home as well.

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
                        Simon is the one that helped unblock my ip address just this past Tuesday so he would be one to help someone. Glad you got it back wwwdotgov. You all have a great week and weekend.
                        Thanks again for the advice!

Comment

Working...
                        X