having some problems with my Festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having some problems with my Festy

Having a idle issue with my 93 l and cant seem to pinpoint the problem. Im hoping for an opinion since im daily driving this one and my lx isn't ready for the road yet.
    When starting my car it will not idle or it will try to stay running at 100 rpm but dies. When I drive down the road it runs perfect until I push in the clutch where the rpms drop and the car dies. Ive read the distributers can be a problem but not sure if this is why? I checked the timing
    Belt and all vacuum lines. Also took off the iac cleaned and reinstalled. Made no difference.
    93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
    89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
    2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

Originally posted by nutoofestiva View Post
    Having a idle issue with my 93 l and cant seem to pinpoint the problem. Im hoping for an opinion since im daily driving this one and my lx isn't ready for the road yet.
    When starting my car it will not idle or it will try to stay running at 100 rpm but dies. When I drive down the road it runs perfect until I push in the clutch where the rpms drop and the car dies. Ive read the distributers can be a problem but not sure if this is why? I checked the timing
    Belt and all vacuum lines. Also took off the iac cleaned and reinstalled. Made no difference.
    What's the milage and b3 right? 100 rpm turn the rims to 1000..or typo?

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Comment

No the tach bounces around 100 rpm and then dies

Comment

Check the intake tube for cracks between the VAF and plastic tube.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Spray throttle body cleaner on the joints. Or clamp connecting area's and spray while car is idle if the rpms go up or change. then reconnect. Repeat. Then turns idle screw up.

Comment

Checked for leaks and found none, adjusted idle screw and still doing the same thing. I even replaced the tps and throttle body today.

Comment

Time for a compression test.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Timing belt you change and plugs wires distributor?

Comment

No reason to check or change any of those. As stated in the OP, engine runs well above idle, it just won't maintain an idle. This suggests either a fuel/air control issue like the VAF, or a dynamic compression issue.

Also please read your last post out loud and ask if it makes any grammatical sense... When diagnosing, clarity is key.
                  Last edited by FestYboy; 03-02-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Just because you cleaned the IAC doesn't mean it is working right. I had the same problem and cleaned mine, put it back on and nothing changed. I bought a new one and it solved my problem, so don't rule out IAC just because you cleaned it.
                    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
                    X