Federal 595 185/60r13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal 595 185/60r13

I have ordered a set of. Federal 595 in 185 / 60r13. Their webiste shows this tire as a 460 treadwear and the other sizes as a 260. Does anyone know why?

I have already placed an order. It has not shipped yet so i can still swap the sizes if these wont be sticky
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

soon gonna need some tires, you gotta let me know how sticky they are when the arrive!
    92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

I hope they are good! IDK tho. the rating on them is sky high for this size. I dont get why
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The evo 595 are the soft ones from what I understand. I can't find the evo in 185\55/14's or the 185/60/13

But while where talking tire what size race tires would you guys run if it could be made to fit under a festiva. Body modification is ok with me and I'm getting ready to start the paint process on one of mine.
        Last edited by william; 03-15-2017, 09:40 AM.

Comment

The evo is more of a daily tire. It has the main center section like normal tires. The ss 595 aslo now just the 595 is the one with the v shape in the center for more grip kinda.

So the basic 595 should be a great tire. I just dont know why the 13" is a 460 and the others are 260
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

260 treadwear is gonna be your sticky, more track capable tire. I like tires with under 100 tread wear for the best grip.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I get that but im wondering why the 13 is 460 and the others are 260.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Hard to tell. Where did that info come from?
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I called a comapny and asked them a few questions. From they the 13" has a higher tread wear rating due to the smaller size and lighter load that to be put on the tire. The compound is still the same! So the 13" should be a sticky little tire.
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Please let us know how they work out, especially in the wet!
                    Enquiring minds.......
                    No car too fast !

Comment

Im thinking the wet is gonna suck. I hope they work great!
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Me too!
                        Need new tyres for Ethel, the B3 is a little too light for 185's in the rain, but it dosn't rain much here except in monsoon season, and 185 beats 165 for grip any day.
                        No car too fast !

Comment

Shipping says that it will be in on the 22nd! But im hoping they make it sooner. Ill have them on asap once here tho.
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
                            Me too!
                            Need new tyres for Ethel, the B3 is a little too light for 185's in the rain, but it dosn't rain much here except in monsoon season, and 185 beats 165 for grip any day.
                            I disagree with this. 165 gets better grip, wet or dry, until the 185 builds heat. I'd strongly suggest a 165/55-14 for Ethel, on some of those hollow spoke Daisey's you're using to hold up a parts table some place. Lol.
                            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 03-15-2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

So my ebay order got canceled for some reason. I found the tires on simpletire.com. i have to pay a bit more (12$) but i got my order in! they said they have 16 in stock when i called so they have 12 left now guys. Go get emm while you can.
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X