BP+T to sound better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP+T to sound better?

Time to undo all of my progress i have made! I love the sound of the SRT4 cars. My bpt sounds- well it makes sounds. I have a 3" open exhaust all the way to the back to an even bigger muffler of some kind. Im looking to get some better sounds out of her. What would you suggest?
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

A Resonator or two would possibly help some.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

SRT4 Sound is due to a large displacement (for a consumer automobile made in this century) 4 cylinder engine. Resonators will definitely help deepen your tone a bit, but you won't get that SRT4 sound with a 1.8L.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I know i cant get that actual sound but my exhaust is just boring. My turbo on the other hand screams! Its fun but i think i need to deepen it up some.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Just rip out one of those systems that they have in newer cars that play exhaust noises over your sterio and install it in the festiva.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

An external waste gate dumped to atmosphere will get you screaming for sure

The only other suggestion I can give to look at the popular magnaflow muffler that the turbo miata people use. It's a very deep sound. I had the knockoff version on my Miata and loved it.
            Last edited by Grey Vw; 03-21-2017, 05:58 PM.
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

I'm with firebush, you want a resonator.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I don't understand. Why does your car have to "sound" like something? It's an incredibly loud world out there already, and these cars were designed to run quiet in a more crowded world- in 1988!

Comment

Cause loud pipes saves lives. Hybrids are silent killers.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well the car has crazy lound turbo noise. Just the muffler is a bit wore out. I think a couple of the resonator and no muffler might be nice. Idk tho. I need to see how loud others think it is whe. We go to race. I dont want to be the loud annoying guy
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

It's just that I've lived in places in Indiana and elsewhere that are literally a three foot sidewalk from the parking lot to the front of the apartment, and there's inevitably the guy up at four or five am when "it's time to make the donuts", and who has to warm his car up for 20 minutes before he goes.

Not to be a stick in the mud either, but at 63 I'm still living in a noisy place now- garbage truck parking/shop/fuel facility a block down and diesel motors going literally from 5 am until 2 am- so it's a bit of a personal health issue.

If you move to Brown County, there's no noise ordinances and so nothing the law could do about Daryl and his other brother Daryl who had my yard surrounded by 12- count 'em 12 dogs who barked at everything constantly.
                      Last edited by harpon; 03-22-2017, 12:57 AM.

Comment

I put a glass packa and magnaflow hp2 on my car. Non turbo bp so a bit different than turbo, but im quite pleased. Its still loud ish at lower rpm but really does a good job of keeping it toned down at higher rpm. Not too buzzy/ honda boi sounding. My boss told me it sounds like a lotus... Idk about that.
                        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I have a OEM colbalt ss resonator hollow cat and a 3.5" tip on a 5" can with 2.5" piping gives a deep burble very nice sound it's actually one of my most complimented features is how it sounds it's a bit loud but on a turbo car it'd be just the right decibel

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                          Festiver
                          93 L find/5 speed
                          BP/g15mr swapped
                          Aspire brake swapped
                          Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                          stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                          rustful
                          maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                          advanced suspension
                          kai/skeeter camber
                          b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
                            I have a OEM colbalt ss resonator hollow cat and a 3.5" tip on a 5" can with 2.5" piping gives a deep burble very nice sound it's actually one of my most complimented features is how it sounds it's a bit loud but on a turbo car it'd be just the right decibel

Can you make a short video for me?
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                              Can you make a short video for me?
                              I would right now but my phone mics is absolutely trash at picking up low frequency I'll see if my buddies is any better tomorrow

Festiver
                              93 L find/5 speed
                              BP/g15mr swapped
                              Aspire brake swapped
                              Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                              stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                              rustful
                              maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                              advanced suspension
                              kai/skeeter camber
                              b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Working...
                              X