What to grab from the Aspire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to grab from the Aspire?

Looks like there are two available in the junkyards around me. What parts can transplant into the Festiva? Sorry, I'm just really lazy right now...
    1999 Toyota 4Runner - daily beater
    1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD
    1986 Toyota Cressida - #stressida hmmmmmm SOLD!!

I'll also take requests for parts if you'd like, just PM me.
    1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD

Comment

See above. Knuckles and rear beam, plus brake and spindle components for a nice brake upgrade. Just be sure to grab the wheels too, as it will change your bolt pattern.

Front seats can be made to fit in a Festiva. Some people prefer them to Festiva seats.
      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Thanks. I know I've seen that write up before and apologize for my lazy. Just worked a 16 hour day...

I think I'll pull it all except for the "wear out" parts and also get Miata wheels instead of the Aspire's. What's up with the trailing beam? It's much better? I just pulled another e-brake cable from a Festiva as a back up the other day. With this setup I'm assuming it's all Aspire from here out?

Thanks for the help.

Just read that thread in full, cleared up the trailing beam and other questions. I'm deff going to grab that stuff!!!
        Last edited by RobotKarate; 03-27-2017, 07:56 PM.
        1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD

Comment

No problem.

The Aspire beam is actually worse, as it is more rigid, but the Aspire spindles do not bolt directly to the Festiva beam. They can be made to fit with some modification to the bolt holes however. I've been running Aspire spindles on a Festiva beam for two years now and haven't had an issue yet.
          Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
          Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
          White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
          White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
          Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
          Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
          Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
          White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

What are the effects of a more rigid rear beam over the stock unit? Wouldn't it compliment wider tires and better suspension?
            1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD

Comment

That question is covered in depth in the advanced suspension mods thread. The long and short of it is: having a sway bar of any kind is less than ideal. Sway bars are band-aids for less than fully tuned suspensions, especially in lighter cars.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'm on page 9 of "The Ultimate Street suspension guide." ASM thread seems to be what I'm looking for, thanks.

Here's the thing.. I'm falling down the rabbit hole since I need new 12" tires but might as well upgrade instead of replacing. After that I realize I'm all in so it's a bit difficult to plot the correct path since there are various write-ups. Thank you all for your patience.
                1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD

Comment

13s and 15s are the most common upgrades mostly due to there being very few 14" options in the correct sizes anymore. Basically though, you'll want to be in the 21.5-22" range for tire hight, and 913-922 revs per mile to have a close to correct speedo. So far, my testing has it at 22" tall to be within +/- .5%, so as the tire wears from new it will be slightly too tall and when it's worn to the wear indicators​, it will be slightly too short.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

if you grab the aspire front and rear brakes, do you need the aspire master cylinder as well?

Comment

Technically no, but the Festiva master will bottom out because the diameter is too small. Charlie recommends a Miata master and booster combo but it requires mods to fit properly, the next step down would be an EGT or aspire master.

Comment

Some of them came with a rear cargo light located on the inside of the hatch that is the same as the Festy one. I'd grab the ajar switches as well, as they are better quality. Some folks prefer the Aspire intake tube as well.
                        Ben Rogers, Admin of the
                        Facebook Group

'93 Festiva GL "Frito" (Travelled in 36 US States & 4 Canadian Provinces)

'91 Festiva L "Barry Bluejeans"
                        '95 Dickmeyer Aspire SE "Dortmund" (SOLD to jbibb1)
                        '91 Festiva L "Fermina" (SOLD to Hulspowered)
                        '93 Festiva L "Tallsmallcar" (SOLD to Stretch and Skeeters_Keeper)

Watch "It's a Festiva", my short film!

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

Originally posted by justinhw View Post
                          if you grab the aspire front and rear brakes, do you need the aspire master cylinder as well?
                          Nope, optional.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            Technically no, but the Festiva master will bottom out because the diameter is too small. Charlie recommends a Miata master and booster combo but it requires mods to fit properly, the next step down would be an EGT or aspire master.
                            If the diameter is too small on the festiva master wouldn't the pedal travel increased for same amount of braking? or are the differences too small it doesn't matter - i gotta get a new master anyway - should i just get an aspire master/booster? does that bolt to the firewall?

Comment

That's what I said, the festy master will bottom out with an Aspire brake swap. You can use a non abs aspire master on a Festiva booster.

Comment

Working...
                              X