Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking on eBay for 12 mm wheel studs, I'm having a hard time deciding......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking on eBay for 12 mm wheel studs, I'm having a hard time deciding......

press in or thread in. I'm not planning on doing laps at the race track. If I went with thread in I would use Lock Tite red. Seems to me Dragonhealer mentioned something about the thread ins being dangerous.
    Last edited by Rick the Quick; 03-29-2017, 10:18 AM.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Couple things there Rick.

1. You posted the same link 2 times.

2. Don't forget you will need to buy the studs themselves still.

3. That's the wrong thread pitch, you need M12 x 1.5

I am editing my post to reflect your edits. I have heard the same concerns about the thread ins.

However, I (and others here) have had success with them. If you can put the little extra effort into it though, I would definitely listen to DragonHealer.
    Last edited by w4rkry; 03-29-2017, 10:43 AM.
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Gorilla studs on Amazon. Three different lengths. Best for Festy/Metro steelies is the Short one (1.0"), For aluminum wheels, go with the Long one (1.5"). If you need significant wheel spacer thickness, go with Extra Long (2.0"). Make sure you order 12mm x 1.5.
      Last edited by TominMO; 03-29-2017, 02:14 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I run screw in's on my BP turbo car, and my B6D car which has been autocrossed. No issues.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Gorilla studs on Amazon. Three different lengths. Best for Festy/Metro steelies is the Short one (1.0"), For aluminum wheels, go with the Long one (1.5"). If you need significant wheel spacer thickness, go with Extra Long (2.0"). Make sure you order 12mm x 1.5.
          Yup. For a daily driver, non track, high load driving, the screw-in Gorilla brand are fine. I've only been running mine for over 9 years and the problems I've had are.......NONE!

Comment

Thank you Will, Tom, Jerry and Lesserslvad, I will be using thread ins on both cars. Gorilla Brand sounds like a good match for my Frankensteins. If I was to go racing I would do as the DragonHealer does.
            '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
            '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
            '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Working...
            X