X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xr2 score!

IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg

I snagged my sacrificial lamb today! Hauled it back to Atlanta from Greenville SC. $550 score! Body is rough, top is torn, has an exhaust leak and it leaks oil from somewhere around the turbo but who cares! It's only got 150,000 miles and still pulls strong. Guy had it under a trailer barn for a few years. I'll probably start a build thread after I get all the Aspire brake parts and coilover suspension bits collected as I want to get everything in the handling department done first. It's funny because I've got this Cressida with the suspension and brakes all set up and waiting for a LS swap but I've come down with Festiva fever! Anyway, need to pull the swap parts and hopefully get some of my money back from parting the rest of the Capri bits. Trying to break even.
    1999 Toyota 4Runner - daily beater
    1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD
    1986 Toyota Cressida - #stressida hmmmmmm SOLD!!

I like the front brakes... Just saying
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If the power window regulators are good the sell for good money on eBay. I put mine on for $100 each and they sold in a couple days. If the hideaway lights work, look for the black control module that operates the open/close feature. I believe it is behind the radio. They is a guy on eBay that sells them for $250-$400. I was happy to sell mine for $140. I got lucky and got my Xr2 for $240....with a hardtop that I sold for $200....LOL. But $550 was a bargain, you should make most all of it back with no problem. Good luck with your swap!:tm:
      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Not a lot works on this car as far as I can tell. The headlights don't pop up on their own and the windows, I can hear the passenger side trying to work but they are both stuck. I'm having a vision of a saw-zall in the near future...
        1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
          If the power window regulators are good the sell for good money on eBay. I put mine on for $100 each and they sold in a couple days. If the hideaway lights work, look for the black control module that operates the open/close feature. I believe it is behind the radio. They is a guy on eBay that sells them for $250-$400. I was happy to sell mine for $140. I got lucky and got my Xr2 for $240....with a hardtop that I sold for $200....LOL. But $550 was a bargain, you should make most all of it back with no problem. Good luck with your swap!:tm:
          That's good to know. I have been pulling all kinds of parts off of mine and I wasn't sure if it was worth putting on Ebay or just Scrapping but I will be checking to see if they are functional now.
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I think any running driving Capri for under 600 is a good deal. That's definitely in the realm of making your money back in parts.

I paid $450 for mine but it's a 94 xr2 so I'm fixing it up rather than parting.

The oil from the turbo is without a doubt the drain line. They turn into hard plastic and crack. I used a piece of 1/2" heater hose for now but Russ at Roo-sport.com sells the molded oil hose for $20-25.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Sorry man, had to grab it up quick! I saw it like 10 minutes after he posted it on CL.

I took the manifold heat shield off last night and there's at least one crack on the top middle section and yeah, looks like the drain pipe leaking. No worries, I'll replace everything once I get it on a stand and will likely need advice along the refresh process.
              1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD

Comment

So I've been getting all my info together on refreshing this engine and started learning about the short nose/long nose cranks. This Capri is a 1991 and should have the dreaded short nose crank, however, the crank pulley has the big nose 8 hole slotted type. Did I get lucky here somehow or could it still be short nose?
                Last edited by RobotKarate; 04-12-2017, 09:28 PM.
                1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                X