Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, my B6ME swap was successful, next comes the B6T Thinking about posting build info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, my B6ME swap was successful, next comes the B6T Thinking about posting build info

As the title says : I got the crappy back up '91 running nicely with the B6ME engine, so now I can concentrate on the '93 that's getting the B6T. The B6T swap has been so popular for so many years it should be a walk in the park. I have a few questions that hopefully will get answered. What is the simplest way to post pictures on here? While posting I have tried to attach them from my picture file in my computer. What has happened twice now is I get a red exclamation mark from the Forum when I hit the "download" button. The picture(s) do not download here and I can not get back on here for between 24 and 48 hours. I do have a Photobucket account and have tried using it to post photos here but I have not figured out how to block access to everything else in my Photobucket account. I am sure it is a simple setting, just not so simple that I can find it. Are there any better / easier ways to post good full size pictures on here?
    My other question, is there a way I can share any of the details about my swaps without committing to a full blown Build? While I can share a great deal of details on installing a B6ME, I also find it cumbersome on taking pictures of each step and having the feeling of being obligated to post on a regular timely manner of my progress. I do know that now that the B6ME is in the '91, I can share the details with anyone who wishes to do a similar swap. For me, using this Forum is a time saver. I could have figured out a B6ME would fit and I could have figured out how to connect wires, etc. but seeing it laid out by people that have done it make it go quicker. Unfortunately the information I found on here was scattered in different places and a lot of what I read was hearsay. An example, and this is not an exact quote " the swap can not be done without the Kia ECU and VAF", or "my friend did the swap and I think it would only rev up to 3,000 rpm's because he didn't have the right VAF". All wrong by the way. I consider myself to be a smart guy and a problem solver but knowing an engine will fit and work without major modifications is important. The '91 (w/ blown B3) was my only hope for quick transportation and having to ask for a ride to a salvage yard to get an engine that might fit, but also may need ECU, VAF, distributor, etc. was nothing I enjoyed. I can outline the B6ME installation in a simple manner and would include only the details that are unique to the swap. In my case it would be something along the lines of "Installing a '95 Kia, B6ME in a '93 Festiva". I will include photos as well if I can figure out how to post them. Where should I post my write up? The Garage, N/A engine swaps, or......? If it gets a good review perhaps it could be made into a sticky.
    Rick.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Rick, if you would write it up, it can easily be made a stickie that you can edit as time permits for pics and minor details. I just got a bug up my butt to swap Skippy and the Kia b6-me popped right up. So I started searching your build, but as you stated, it's a mess of posts all over the place. I'm really just looking for the required parts to make it run, and the details can easily be worked out afterwards.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Imgur is one of the easiest and best-quality ways to upload images. Nobody gains access to your other photos, and Imgur even gives you pre-formatted links for the Forums. I can show you all the steps later today if you would like. You can check out my newest build threads and see how it looks when using Imgur links, to give you an idea.
      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
      Feel free to PM me anytime!
      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Working...
      X