Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming project ideas - Installing AC Air Conditioning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming project ideas - Installing AC Air Conditioning?

Hey guys, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a B5 upgrade - buying a Mazda 121 (Bubble) with B5 1.5 motor in it. Unlike the USA these engines are fairly common here, dirt cheap without the car and an affordable option as a donor car (the latter is what I'm thinking of doing). Technically nothing should be vastly different to a B6 so I should still be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge here and if I do it I plan to do a full write up, lots of photos maybe some video etc. I like the idea b'coz its different, I know it's not going to be the most powerful swap available.

But I'll post a "B5 Engine swap" thread in the engine forums when the time comes...

This thread is about AC. I know there are existing threads which I'll go through 1 by 1. Just wondering if you guys might set me in the right direction. I don't believe you have the Mazda 121 (or equivilent) in USA but maybe the is experience pulling one from an Aspire (probably similar/same unit but I'll investigate further). Or is this going down the wrong path and should I be looking at aftermarket AC instead?

These are the Mazda 121's, they came mostly in 1.3 FI identical to your Festy's, but also had a 1.5 option later in its life, I've owned one before it was a responsive little go-cart, thoroughly enjoyed driving it. Alternatively our Aspire in Australia (named Festiva WB - WF) also had the 1.5 engine so that's another donor option. Love to hear some thoughts good, bad or indifferent!

200,000KM milestone!
Working...
X