The Green Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Hell

Went to see "The Green Hell" with Sharon last night. It's a documentary about the Nurburgring. We both quite enjoyed it. Here's the trailer

Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

No link...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      No link...
      That's odd. It shows up fine on my computer but not on my phone with Tapatalk. Try this link....
      Last edited by fastivaca; 05-11-2017, 10:13 PM.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

That looks pretty good, did you go to the Theatre to see it?
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
          That looks pretty good, did you go to the Theatre to see it?
          Yes we did, it was good.tonsee it on the big screen.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Nice. My favorite track, I regularly run laps around the ring.

Well, virtually... in my lounge room rig.jpg

Comment

Same here ��

Comment

Okay sorry to threadjack but can we discuss the radness of that Sim setup? Please share the details!

Comment

Originally posted by RdstrBlk View Post
                  Okay sorry to threadjack but can we discuss the radness of that Sim setup? Please share the details!
                  The basic frame is made from a multifold ladder, lined with plywood and carpet tiles, + Logitech G27 Wheel with the pedals inverted, + car seat.
                  This pic is from when I first made it, have made some further mods to it since then.

rig (2).jpg

pedals.jpg

That seat has been changed to a MX5 seat, which has speakers built into the headrest.
                  Have added 4 tactile transducers, (2 on front behind the pedals, 1 each side of seat) which are set to vibrate on certain sound frequencies - so you can feel ripple strips, for example. They are like subwoofers, but output vibration instead of sound. The wheel has force feedback as well, so the rig gives you lots of feedback!

The 3 screens are 1980 x 1200 resolution each, so when take into account the border of the screens, the PC is basically outputting 6000 x 1200
                  PC is a mix of parts, old and new, but fairly high spec - Sabertooth X99 motherboard, i7-5820k cpu, quad sli gpu (2 x asus rog mars 760x2), 32gb ram, Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD

Mainly use it to play Assetto Corsa, which it can run easily with most of the settings maxed out and the frame rate rarely dips below 120 fps.
                  Last edited by reddragon; 05-19-2017, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Droooool...

Looking to step up into real sims.. i have a g35 with gran turismo haha

...and a spare miata seat... sounds like I can make this happen slowly but surely
                    Last edited by RdstrBlk; 05-19-2017, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X