Something isn't right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something isn't right.

Ok, you know the work I've been doing on Lil blue since I got him. Now I need some feedback. Ever since I put on a new valve cover gasket I have been having a slight problem with starting. I have to crank it over couple times to get it to start or push down on accelerator couple times like you have to do for a carby. I checked all the hoses for vacumn. Question?? Is there suppose to be a gasket in between the throttle head where throttle linkage is attached too and throttle body. It sure didn't look like it when I took it apart. It looks like it was aluminum against aluminum. Once I start it, it runs good. Like I said, its just that initial start. Plus I can drive it and shut it off and it still takes me cranking, stopping and cranking again. I welcome your feedback.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

You're speaking between the upper intake manifold and the throttle body? If so, then yes there is a gasket for that. Also,are we certain that the hoses and seals between the VAF and TB are in good working order (no leaks/holes)?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thank you FestYboy. I checked the auto parts places and they had no gasket. I went online to RockAuto and printed out a copy of gasket they had and cut it out and it was perfect size so I got some gasket material and went old school and made one. Put it on and it worked great and solved my problem. Apparently when someone took it apart before they must have used a thin coat of silicone to put it back together. That's why there was a real thin coat on it. TY, and have a great day.
      Last edited by milehighbear; 05-14-2017, 12:36 PM.
      Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
      93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
      01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
      X