Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!!

Hi everyone, I recently bought a 93 festiva for 200 bucks that just needs the clutch put in( Came with new one). I took it too a guy who does mechanic work on the side and he said it would be about 400 bucks too put it in. I drop it off and he texts me informing me that he is going to pass on doing the clutch because the crossmember that holds up the tranny is broke loose on one end and very rusty on the other and he didn't have a welder. So what I'm trying to get too is would it be worth it too put the money into it and how much do you guys think it would run for the welding part. I really like the car but If it is too much and I can't get anyone too buy it, I might have to junk it. Id rather not do that though because motor is still good and everything. Thanks for the help

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have a JY near you to get a good Festiva crossmember from?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I live in a pretty small town, doubt they have much of anything but ill check with them soon thanks.

Comment

PM a member in Pella, IA called Karl (sc72 on here). Very nice and helpful guy. Might be able to hook you up.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

thank a lot, really appreciate it

Comment

You really need to look at the rest of the body for rust. look at strut towers and were the rear axle attaches to the body.

we would need to see pictures of rusty areas to answer your questions.

Comment

He sent me a couple PM'S I can help with the cradle or cross member that's easy, I also asked questions about the rusty areas, so we will see what I see in the pic's, I hope it's good or repairable.

Thanks for the kind words Tom.
              Last edited by sc72; 05-30-2017, 07:13 PM.
              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

With usually-rust-free stuff like this:

a few-hour airplane ride away, why would anyone want to mess with rusted-out primary structure?
                88L black, dailydriver
                88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                4 88/89 disassembled
                91L green
                91GL aqua pwrsteer
                92GL red a/c reardmg
                3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

If the crossmember itself is rusted thats fine. However i have a feeling that the car rusted out and pulled the caged nuts through. If thats the case add a few photos but your likely better off buying a rust free one and using this as a parts car

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by ryanprins13; 05-31-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X