I'm Baaaaacccckkkkk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Baaaaacccckkkkk!

Hello all. It has been several years. Some of you may remember me. I had the 88 that was sitting in my Mom's backyard for several years, and had almost 500k miles on it. Well....in 2009, my ex-wife and I split up, she sold all three of my remaining parts cars behind my back, and I was forced to put the silver bullet on the back burner. I ended up buying a 2001 Chevy Impala cop car and drove that from 2010 until this morning. Now...thanks to throwing a rod bearing in the cop car, I am forced to have to jump start the 10 year old project, but with a tighter timeline. The unfortunate thing is I had to park Cherry Bomb due to mechanical issues. In the meantime, the frame rails rusted through. That was going to be my priority, but with the rust, it is time to resurrect the Silver Bullet (Silver Phoenix?) from the ashes.

I am picking up the Silver whatever tomorrow from my storage unit and taking it to my driveway. The sad part is that I will have to use Cherry Bomb for parts. CB will live on in the Silver Bullet.

I am blessed that I am now married to an awesome, loving, supportive lady who is glad I am getting the SB up and running and the CB out of the driveway, ultimately.

I will update my progress as it goes. I may need some technical advice along the way because I have gotten a bit rusty on things Festiva, when I was quite knowledgeable prior to the divorce. I also may need an odd part here or there, and hopefully will be able to find these as I may need them.

Above all else, I am glad this forum is still up and running and there are still people regularly using it. For those of you who remember me, I am glad to be able to speak with you again, and for those of you who joined since my absence, I look forward to getting to know you.

Carl, AKA Hawkdoc60
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Carl, look me up. I got your back.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Welcome back!
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Welcome back!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
        stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
        rustful
        maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Welcome back neighbor. I remember the name from years back but we've never met. I'd be willing to help and I've got a collection of misc parts that may be usefull.
          Current
          Retired

Comment

Originally posted by ToSloTrk View Post
            Welcome back neighbor. I remember the name from years back but we've never met. I'd be willing to help and I've got a collection of misc parts that may be usefull.
            You probably passed my house often with the cop car backed in, in front of Cherry Bomb. You will be seeing Silver Bullet's shell sitting next to Cherry Bomb in the driveway starting this evening.

06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Originally posted by ToSloTrk View Post
              You probably passed my house often with the cop car backed in, in front of Cherry Bomb. You will be seeing Silver Bullet's shell sitting next to Cherry Bomb in the driveway starting this evening.

Comment

The Silver Bullet is now in my driveway in Myerstown and I will start the cleaning out/reassembly process tomorrow. It has only been 8 years coming.

Comment

Working...
                X