Clock wiring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock wiring...

Does anyone know if the clock wiring is in every festiva and just bundled up somewhere under the dash or was that wiring just included for festivas with the clocks included?

There is no clock wiring in North American Festiva wiring harnesses.
    I just followed the Kia Pride wiring colors, bought some wire off of eBay and used a couple of harness clips from a Festiva jungyard car, to position the wires (can only be done neatly and properly with the dash out). All of the electrical tape you see in the picture is just for added protection and keeping the wire bundle together through the sharp curve. There are no splices under it.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-28-2017, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      There is no clock wiring in North American Festiva wiring harnesses.
      I just followed the Kia Pride wiring colors, bought some wire off of eBay and used a couple of harness clips from a Festiva jungyard car, to position the wires (can only be done neatly and properly with the dash out). All of the electrical tape you see in the picture is just for added protection and keeping the wire bundle together through the sharp curve. There are no splices under it.
      I wondered why I have never seen a clock in any of the festivas I have seen. So it was just an out of country option?

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
        I wondered why I have never seen a clock in any of the festivas I have seen. So it was just an out of country option?
        Apparently in the US the Festiva was not taken seriously, unlike the rest of the planet.
        No car too fast !

Comment

I wonder if they are taking them seriously now.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
            I wonder if they are taking them seriously now.
            Give it 2 more years.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

woulda been kinda redundant with a clock also in any of the radios available. it's not a case of being taken seriously. america has a different mind set. bigger is better. (not always). econo boxes were low profit bait to get you into the dealership or to cater to the financial bottom rung buyer. the LX started as a pretty decently equipped super-mini and then the whole model line was steadily de-contented year after year to keep to a price point competitive to other cars in the same class. it's only in the last 10 yrs. or so that manufacturers have been offering premium content on their smaller economy cars which europe had been doing for decades as compacts and minis were a more dominant percentage of their mix.
              just a top of my head list of Pride/121 features we never got:

PW, PL, Immobilizer, P. antenna, P sunroof, heated seats, headlamp washer, dash clock, coin bin, sliding & reclining rear seats, remote hatch & fuel door release, leveling headlights. Korean Prides even had hill holder assist

Comment

Hey Jim... did you figure out the how to wire it in? If so, please share!!
                www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                Snoopy's
                4621 Atlantic Ave
                Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Here you go. Page 46.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 05-02-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Here you go. Page 46.
                    YOu are the best!!!! Thank you for sharing that info!!!

www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                    Snoopy's
                    4621 Atlantic Ave
                    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Originally posted by Britstiva View Post
                      YOu are the best!!!! Thank you for sharing that info!!!

Now... If I could just figure out what it's telling me. LOL

www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                      Snoopy's
                      4621 Atlantic Ave
                      Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

It's telling you that there are four wires going into the back of the clock.
                        Black goes to a body ground.
                        The white/red stripe stripe wire is on the ROOM fuse circuit.
                        That wire is always hot so that the clock keeps time even when the car isn't running.
                        The blue/yellow stripe wire is on the CIGAR fuse circuit turns the LEDs on when you start the engine.
                        The red/green stripe wire on the TAIL fuse circuit is for the LED brightness when the parking/headlights are turned on.

I purchase all of my brass Yazaki terminals from easternbeaver.com
                        4P250-CNA-TL Female $2.19
                        Good luck.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 05-02-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X