Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you use photobucket for hosting pics you need to read this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you use photobucket for hosting pics you need to read this...

Looks like pretty much all of the forum pictures hosted by photobucket will be disappearing soon, unless the account holder pays a $399 yearly fee to keep the ability to host photobucket pics on sites like this. I've been paying the lowest $2.99/month fee for a few years now since I was exceeding the bandwidth limit on a free account, but only the $399/year top-tier subscription will enable off-site hosing from now on. This is going to ruin every build thread I've posted on every forum I'm on.

Article with full info:

Since 2003, the popular photo hosting service Photobucket has been letting users upload and host images for free on their servers. They have over 10
    '88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
    '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
    '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
    '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
    '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
    '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
    How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
    How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Wow they just get worse and worse. I haven't used them in a long time, ever since their site started loading super slow for me and the layout of it became super cumbersome. But I do have a lot of old stuff on there I need to download I guess.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I only have a free account with 10g storage and my linked pictures on here are still showing up. I do see lots of others showing the photobucket upgrade picture though.
      Wonder why mine are still there?

Comment

I started using my Google photos account to host pictures.
        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Well thats a bummer. Not only for my build threads but for all of the threads I use for research and all of the sticky threads out there. I doubt they'll stick with it though. I'm sure lots of users are going to bail.

Comment

I'm in the process of going thru my account and saving the old pics I want to keep, then I'm closing it.

It's awful, it's like I'm on a dial-up connection. Worse even.

But one of my photo albums is Ohiostiva 2009. Need to save those.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

That Sucks... Mainly for all so many photos on this site down the drain now. I know someone mentioned using IMGUR for now on.
              "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
              sigpic
              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
              "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
              "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
              "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Will we still have access to our photos? Can someone archive are post with pictures? I'm not ready to deal with this grrrr.

Comment

I have about a dozen Festiva repair albums on Photobucket. Don't logon there much. All I've noticed is addition of annoying popup ads. No notice of other changes. I only use the free photo sharing service. How are they notifying people of the change? Nothing in my email box from them yet. Thanks for the warning.

Doesn't Google own Flicker?
                  Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I would highly suggest Imgur for any new pictures or a place to backup old ones. I could never stand the way Photobucket worked.

Comment

I ran into this already! I hate it. I have used PB since i started on computers it seems like. O well its their downfall.
                      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

SO imgur sucks as well. Not sure what to use now. I guess its down to google whatever they have.
                        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                          SO imgur sucks as well. Not sure what to use now. I guess its down to google whatever they have.
                          What issues are you having with Imgur? I love it for hosting pics
                          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                          Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                          Feel free to PM me anytime!
                          Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                          Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                            What issues are you having with Imgur? I love it for hosting pics
                            the app on the phone sucks. I have not tried the actual site yet tho.
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I went to IMGUR, and it's super simple on the computer.
                              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X