Silver Bullet update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Bullet update

After sitting in storage for 7 years completely gutted, SB is coming back together nicely. I have all the air conditioning components and the plenum reinstalled. I will be reinstalling the dashboard tomorrow. From there, I will be replacing the carpeting and getting the seats back in. Once the interior is more or less back together, I will be moving on to getting the engine and transmission dropped in. I am irritated that the replacement jy fuel tank I bought in 09 has flaky rust inside that slides around when I move the tank around. Hopefully I will be able to find another one. I will post pics of the progress sometime this weekend if I have time.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

I got all of the rest of the dashboard and front-half interior re-installed in Silver Bullet. Yesterday was such a beautiful day here in Central PA that I started at 8 am and worked until after dark. All the wiring has been re-connected and all electrical functions verified (although I think the radio is toast), and all of the heater control cables re-connected and adjusted. My next project next weekend is dropping the fuel tank and trying to locate a new one. I ended up salvaging the speedo cable off of Cherry Bomb for Silver Bullet. I was smart 8 years ago by threading all screws and bolts for the interior back in their appropriate holes during disassembly (except the center console) so I didn't have to take the time to hunt for the hardware. I have been taking copious photos and intend to post them, but I am having difficulties getting them on here. (It HAS been 8 years since I was active like crazy). I am also thankful I never lost my underseat tray for the passenger seat. I panicked for a while until I found it. It is finally back where it belongs.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Working...
    X