Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

Its been a very long time since I visited the site. And, I know I should have started with the search section but I really need some help. It's probably very minor to everyone else here but I need the information quickly because I'm on a very short time leash.

I purchased an extremely nice 92 Festiva with 70k on it. Everything with the exception of the AC (AC has a leak that leaks down over a week to 2 week time period). My son will be driving it from Spokane WA to Abilene TX and then on to NC. I need to a source for factory tires and possibly alternate tire sizes as a back up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dean
    akhuntr@aol.com

Simpletire.com

This Thread will show the sizes that they carry.
    Last edited by firebush357; 07-21-2017, 07:31 AM.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

13" Geo Metro Steelies are a great cheap alternative to the stock 12s. The tires are cheaper and much easier to find.

If you absolutely can't switch to the 13s, 155/80R12 Nankangs are available on Ebay for about $50 a tire.
      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
      Feel free to PM me anytime!
      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

For a couple bucks more, the original equipment Yokohama 145/80-R12 are available from Discount Tire and Tire Rack. A stock Festiva loves these.
        No car too fast !

Comment

+1 on those^ the yokohamas are supposed to be great quality tires and i always much preferred the 145's to the 155's.
          Have you called local tire shops?
          When i first bought my car i got new 12in tires at walmart. Ever since i got them from wreckers. You could call local wreckers, visit a pick and pull or ask if any members local to spokane would sell you some if your in too much of a hurry for an online tire store to ship

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just keep in mind that factory size tires are short... i.e. a speedo reading of 60 will be 54-55 actual road speed.

Aim for a tire 21.5-22" tall or as close to 915 revolutions per mile.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
            X