Mazda Miata Power Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda Miata Power Windows

I pulled a drivers side Mazda Miata power window regulator and motor assembly from a JY Miata on Thursday and just finished installing it in a Friends 2003 Miata today.
    It's not quite as easy as installing power windows in a Festiva door. Many more nuts and bolts to remove and harder to get to.

I also replaced the rubber door/window molding.
    I found the easiest way to remove those little diamond shaped clip that hold the molding on (same as the Festiva) is to push a small (4mm) socket down on them and wiggle a bit from the inside of the door.
    There are a few that are hidden and cant't be removed this way so I had to rip them out. But between the ones I saved from both doors, I had enough good ones to replace them all
    when I installed the good rubber that I pulled from the JY car. $45 for the parts and free labor was quite a savings from the $375 quote that he had been given. Also will be replacing the cooling fan and shroud
    assembly with a new one for $85, so he can now return the $179 + tax one that he bought locally that is still in the box.

Anyone here have a Miata.. If so...what other problems have you had with yours?
Working...
X